Thursday, October 14, 2004

Kismet

Like Jo Knits I've been wanting to make a yarn swift for sometime. I'm an engineer's daughter. What can I say? Any of them out there will tell you that their blood won't allow them to consider paying SO MUCH MONEY for something that you could easily make. Or maybe not so easily make. Or maybe something that will take over your life and you will spend hours and hours perfecting the perfect angle at which the different slats of wood meet. I haven't gone there yet. But this is what I picture when I consider the prospect of embarking on this journey of invention with my Dad.

Engineer's daughters also know that you MUST budget at least an extra 3 hours onto any project, because it always takes that much longer to get perfection beyond any normal persons idea of perfection. However, engineer's daughters will also tell you that they have never gone without, because all of those "If only this stupid thing would blankedee, blank" statements were always answered with - "We can make that stupid thing go blankedee, blank." And that is the coolest thing ever.

Immediately after reading Jo Knits post I came across these instructions: Homemade Yarn Swift (via Boston's Stitch 'n Bitch Yahoo Group.) It's kismet!

Guess what I'm going to build while home during Thanksgiving Weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home