Thursday, October 07, 2004

Two Hours

I forgot to bring my knitting with me yesterday! Yikes. That's the worst. The last time I forgot it I truly regretted it. I ended up sitting in my car at the airport for TWO HOURS waiting for husband Rob to get into the airport and get off his plane. The fact that I was able to sit in one spot for TWO HOURS without the poooolice asking me to move along is pretty huge. It was a TWO HOUR time period with nothing but me and NPR. I didn't have a book, knitting, or even a graham cracker to nibble on. It was horrible. I almost went crazy. The rest of the day I griped how I had TWO HOURS to get something done and I wasted it. Man, I gotta get a grip and learn to relax.

No knitting content to speak of. I did pick up the Shapely Tank this past weekend. It's just waiting to be seamed, all done otherwise. First glimpse tells me it's going to be small...small, not huge like I thought? Anyone know of a teenage girl not afraid to wear a hand knit tank? The final block and seaming may help me out a bit. I'm not holding my breath though.

To continue with the Introductions...



This is Gabby. She is 10(?), but Rob won't let me tell her that. She is the silent matriarch of the family. Rya (our other sweet love) will go to great lengths not to disturb her. She is easily brought to action with the word snack and walk. In fact, she will hug you (for real) for a snack. Gabby also goes by....Gabbiligoo, Gawby, Goo-Goo, and Gabalicious. Ain't she a sweet face?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabby has such a sweet, wise face - she's beautiful!

Mary (http://www.thesmooch.com)

10/11/2004 1:58 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Thanks Mary!

My husband says the exact same thing everytime he looks at her.

-Wendy

10/12/2004 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home