Wednesday, September 22, 2004


Has anyone picked this book up yet? It's massive, 800 pages. I'm intrigued. Check out this review at Powells.com from a September 17th Salon.com post. The byline is, "When Harry Potter met Jane Austen."
It looks wonderful. Better yet, it's a first-time novelist. Which is one of my favorite categories.


However, I really would have to take out a second mortgage to buy it and then have to go to the gym just to be able to carry it around. Why are hard covers so damn expensive? And 800 pages, that's crazy talk. All the same...it's going on my virtual nightstand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is currently reading it and enjoying it a lot. You could borrow it when he's done. Maybe I could do a hand-off at Knitsmiths (at the Brookline Booksmith). I just finished "Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight." Great, fast read. Highly recommend it.

Kerstin

9/22/2004 1:20 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Why thank you! I may take you up on that offer. I've been meaning to try to come over to a Knitsmiths meeting. Are they open to non-members? (I feel like a teenager trying to find my way into a group of strangers!) Although, knitters are way more friendly than a group of hormonal teenagers!!

9/23/2004 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home