Monday, November 22, 2004

Monday, Monday, da da Bah da bah da


Either you all have started to de-lurk or I picked up some commenting readers. Which ever it is, it’s pretty damn fun. Thanks for the feedback. I love to write this stuff. I do it for me but it is much more fun when it’s a conversation. The only thing that stinks it that Blogger, unlike Typepad, doesn’t have a way to email people from their comments. I suppose that leaves me conversing in the comments, which is more fun anyway.

Bah da bah da da da
Bah da bah da da da
Bah da bah da da da…
Monday Monday can't trust that day
Monday Monday sometimes it just turns out that way

Now that we’ve gotten
that out of the way…

I made some new friends! This is huge! I think they actually think I’m semi-normal. I know, this must mean there is SOMETHING wrong with them. Really, I am willing to take what I can get. Totally kidding girls, you too are perfectly normal.



On Saturday I met up with these two jokers and a third joker who somehow managed to escape the lens of my camera. This is
Jackie and Elisa. Keiko is lingering on the other side of the yarn store drooling over some blue yarn. They are great women. I am impressed and starry eyed at their intelligence, humor, and talent. This is the first time I’ve embarked on such an endeavor, meeting people I’ve only known through the Internet (don’t worry, I called Emily and let her know where I would be, JUST IN CASE.) We had a pretty great time and I was absolutely dumb-founded to learn that an entire morning and afternoon had passed before I thought about going home. I’m looking forward to a “second date.”

I decided to make the Heart Scarf from the
Knitty Fall Surprise for my G-ma’s Christmas Present.


click for close up

I picked up the called for yarn (
Reynolds Blizzard) on Saturday and cast on as soon as I got home from my social day out. I’m just about 3/4 of the way done. I had no idea that the yarn for this was so bulky. It’s a quick fun knit. I must say, the yarn sheds quite a bit. It’s quite fluffy and it has made its way into my throat! I feel like one of the cats trying to hack up a hairball. Good thing I started this AFTER I met the new ladies, huh? What an impression that would have left! I’m sure G-ma will love the scarf but I’m going to have to warn her about the hacking thing.

In Finished Object news. Robby’s stocking is finito!



I taught myself the Kitchener Stitch (you inspired me Elisa!) It really is quite easy, although I am not sure that I did it correctly. I suppose I will have to get the master Elisa to give the nod of approval. I hope to finish another (this one will be for me) before Christmas. I think it will go faster now that I have all the quirks of the pattern worked out. It took me forever to find a simple and classy stocking pattern. I don't love working with the Lopi, too damn scratchy. I'm not sure I would substitute though, I think that you need it for its stiffness. A softer yarn wouldn't stand-up as much. You need a stand-up kind of yarn for this project. Kind of like needing a stand-up kind of man in your house. Definitely a fun knit and I suppose I am now prepared to tackle human-sized sock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stocking is adorable!!

Jean
http://scottishlamb.typepad.com/

11/23/2004 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home