Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend

I'm uber-busy at work right now (deadlines.) This does not stop me from checking out the fun over at Team Boston Knits. I posted a bunch of kick butt buttons (or pins, if you rather) last night. Robby the great fixed us up. He rocks.

I'm still debating the skill/pace thing. Wondering what my entry should be.

More on that later.

For now a fun site for you. Okay, maybe not all of you - just those of you named Wendy.

World Wide Wendy

This is a site I found way back when I was searching for the all of the Knitting Wendys out there.

My favorite is the song lyric page. I did know that a lot of these existed. However, some where a complete surprise! If I was in highschool I would make a mix tape for myself. Alas, I am not and I don't even own a tape deck. Phooy.

Now, the coolest thing evah (I'm kicking the Boston accent lately) - You can customize U.S. Postal Stamps!!!! I have to do a bit more research on this. How cool would it be to have Bookish Girl Stamps?!

ps - Clearly the cookies didn't work, my server is still down. I'm pulling out the big guns - chocolate. Dad has a, secret but everyone knows about it, stash of chocolate. I may have to hold it hostage.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

1/25/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link to the Wendy site - I passed it along to a (nonknitting) Wendy.

1/25/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Awesome buttons. Tell Mr. Wendy I like them!

1/25/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh, the hostage thing makes me giggle... In early December, Lynne at "IWasKnitTogetherInMyMother'sWomb" sent an email to her coworkers, wondering if anyone had seen her missing tape dispenser. She received an email with a picture of her tape dispenser -- held HOSTAGE -- and was told to sit tight for further instructions to secure its release... and then another email with a list of demands! It was hilarious. Think it would work with your dad?

1/25/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I'm hoping Wenders will join the Wendy's.
Best wishes, warmth, and no frogging.

1/27/2006 4:41 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

Love the Team Boston idea, page and buttons!! The buttons should be available as US postage stamps!

Did you see all the knitting Wendys signed up for the knitting Olympics?

1/28/2006 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

2/02/2006 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home