Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm hot blooded, check it and see I got a fever of a hundred and three...

... Come on baby, do you do more than dance?




Let's lighten the load over here.

Another finished knit.


Finished back in February, right before I started the Olympics. The pattern is a free pattern from Blue Alverez Designs, it is called - Hot Lava. Which, every time I think of the name, I think of the Foreigner song quoted in the title and at the start of the post. So funny.



I used Classic Elite Montera. Another score from our Christmas trip to the Warehouse. It was fun yarn. Definitely a WOOL wool.

Not sure what sized needles I used, I can't remember.

I love this sweater. It was an easy knit. It fits great. I actually prefer to wear it upside down from the intended orientation. I like the way fabric lies. It's sassy while still being functional.

And, most importantly. It deals with the rack well.


sweeetttt.



I just found another pattern from Blue Alverez that I think I'll put on my list...Licorice Whip.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - terrific patterns. I'd never encountered Blue Alverez before, but I think I have a few more things to add to the "gotta knit" list!

6/08/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

very nice...i've admired that pattern before, but let's just say it's not the best look for fatty mc patties.

6/09/2006 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it! You look great in it, too. Thanks for the link...I just downloaded the Grey Ghost Shrug. Now to find some bulky cotton.

6/09/2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That came out great - I love how it's a bit longer in back (though that may just be how you are wearing it!)

Thanks for the licorice twist pattern link! It is beautiful! I Must make it!!!!

6/09/2006 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks so much better on you than on the pattern model. Maybe it's the upside-down thing but I love it!

6/09/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

for a second there, i thought you knit up a second one! it is super flattering on you... thanks for the link to licorice whip... it's calling my name!

6/09/2006 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turned out so cute!

6/09/2006 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute shrug, and you look so content and happy wearing it!

6/09/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your Hot-Blooded Lave looks great! The photos are so much fun. :)

6/09/2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Right about the rack. I think Hot Licorice is also going to complement the parts...more accent on the waist with that one.

6/11/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home