Thursday, September 23, 2004

And she's off...

I finished A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane. This is his first book. Apparently he is like a fine wine, he gets better with age. This is a good thing, because all of those people that rave about Mystic River would be labeled "crazy" in my book. And really, who wants to be labeled anything in anyone's book? The book wasn't horrible, but I definitely wouldn't recommended it.

I've successful mastered picking up stitches. Thanks to Allison at
Circles and a nifty new pair of #5 Addi Turbos I'm in the process of casting off the collar. I had already been shown how to pick up stitches once before...thick head!

So, I'm in bed last night knitting. I REALLY wanted to finish everything on the tank last night. My husband is convinced that my knitting in bed is some sort of horrible statement about the state of our relationship. I'm trying to convince him that it's just like reading in bed, only I'm using my hands. His biggest complaint, I talk too much when I'm knitting. He used to be able to read peacefully in bed before the knitting joined us. And now, now I chatter away about everything and anything that pops into my head. At that point in the day it's nothing really interesting or even compelling - just chatter. Humph. I don't think there is anything that's going to convince him that knitting in bed is a good thing...

In closing, I'd like to introduce another one of my family members:



This is FutureMan. Named after a character in
this movie. There is nothing dainty about this cat. There is nothing stealth or agile about this cat. This cat is large and in charge. Or at least he likes to pretend he is. He eats a ton of food and behaves as though he has never been fed in his entire life. Think Chunk from the movie Goonies and you've got our cat to a T. He's kind of cute though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home