Monday, January 30, 2006

Abe - alive or dead?

Hello? Are you out there?

Apparently the cookies and chocolate worked. We have a working server! For now. I've been informed that the server's computer is very very old and that we should limit our expectations. Humpf. It's had a good life. I may have to actually start paying for this shit? Can you believe that?

I am blogging to you live from my couch. Do you realize how amazing, unbelievable, and extraordinary an event this is? Do you know what this means for Bookish Girl central? It means that a laptop has been purchased. It means that a laptop has found its way into my greedy needy hands. I have dreamed of a laptop to call my very own for years. A year anniversary at my work (!) brought the unexpected benefit of a computer reimbursement. Any of you small business/large business employerers out there? You can totally seduce your employees with benefits such as these.

I have downloaded my Firefox Abe Vigado status bar. Now, all I have to do is name this puppy. Bookish Baby? Hmmm, the Silver Fox?

The possibilities are endless.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Still out here. I hope Abe's still kicking.

1/31/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

well, we might need a physical description of the computer before suggesting names. bookish brain?

1/31/2006 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to bring you down, baby, but if you're going to use your laptop for the whole remote working thing, then The Organization will tell you what to name the laptop. Pissed me off, too.

We've got the Abe status bar, too - and it makes me feel good each morning he's still alive. ;)

*smooch*

1/31/2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Hooray for laptops! Have fun with it!

1/31/2006 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, you ain't truly blogging it laptop style until you're blogging from the crapper - and I KNOW you can do it!

Abe Vigado status bar - no one's going to believe it when the guy actually DOES kick.

1/31/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Stitchy McYarnpants said...

Beware! Your couch will soon have a huge dent in it from where you're computing from. Trust me on this. When I work from home, I work from the couch and now there's a big saggy spot. Try to switch spots once in a while!

Wheee! Couch blogger!

1/31/2006 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so sad that I know how Cara blogs now.

Name it something good, while still friend. When he becomes foe, the name possibilities multiply.

1/31/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Of course I want to suggest something with Biggie in it, because I'm a goob. I do like Bookish Baby.

1/31/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Congratulations!
I prefer my desktop... because alas, I am SUCH A KLUTZ that I "bent" my laptop and the wonky lid makes me nervous.

1/31/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger Dani In NC said...

Congrats! I just joined the laptop ranks a few months' ago. In a strange way, I feel more creative pounding away on my laptop in bed. I guess it reminds me of the typewriters I grew up with.

2/01/2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Yeah on the lap top! Now how many different places can you find to blog?
:)

2/03/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

Congrats on the laptop!!! I love mine... portable blogging=goodness.

Have you checked out LibraryThing.com? I just found it and found the idea fascinating... being a Bookish Girl, it seemed like you might also like it...

2/04/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

We just got a laptop too! Yay for both of us :)

2/05/2006 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my very own Abe update. I see him at least once a week, he likes to eat at the restaurant where I work. He's such a sweetie!
~Micaila

2/11/2006 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home