Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Three little Chicks

It seems you all are inspired by some tissues. The lotion (lo) and no lotion (no-lo) debate is fierce. I personally am a no-lo. This is for practical reasons. I wear glasses and have you ever tried to clean your glasses with a tissue that has lotion? Bad news. I refuse to keep them in the house. My tissue was actually a roll of toilet paper from Costcocococ. Cheap, cheap, only .03 a blow.

Fun has been at a minimum here at The Bookish Girl. There is no fun when you’re sick. Uninspired by TCM(I have to say, Rock Hudson is the current fav in the Bookish Girl Wall of Fame), the books your reading, or the myriad of knitting projects that bask in your shadow.

Never fear, fun was found in strange places. I picked up these little chicks at a local discount store. They were also cheap-o (like the toilet paper, this house is filled with cheap-os and we’re damn proud.) Let the Easter Celebrations begin...




As I was photographing them one guy tipped over.



Frankly, I identified strongly with the little feller. However, it cracked me up so much I left him there. Go at it Freud.

And we have...



...part of a sock, the first sock. Did you know you can shave your legs in Photoshippers? Beats the hell out of the shower. The retro rib is taking me a long ass time to knit. Alison is kicking my butt all over the place. She’s on to her second pair! I won't even google the rest of the bloggers kicking retro rib arse. It'll be too much for my broken stomach chicks soul.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn girl! You're still knitting those things? ;-)

My one and only sock never even got that far. I turned the heel and no go. I've been thinking about socks a lot though - that counts, right?

(Hey, it's looking fantastic! I must make a pair of those. Or one.)

NEVER, ever clean your glasses with paper products. They're made of wood don't you know, and wood scratches glasses. BAD, bad, bad.

3/29/2005 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVING the close up shots of the eggs - and especially the poor humpty that fell over.

Your sock looks great! Keep it going lady, no excuses.

melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

3/29/2005 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that I'd started something with the lo no-lo business.

I am a "lo" because I am all over that stuff.

Costcococo...I'm going to be laughing for days about that. That's funny!

Did you get those chicks at that cool junk store in Rozzy Square? Have you been in there? They've got some funky stuff.

3/29/2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

The sock looks amazing, Wendy. It's a lot longer than any sock I've ever made (which would be, I've never even tried.) Can't wait to see it finished on your tootsie.

PS- The only way this leg is getting shaved is virtually, as well. Wasn't that stuck in the vows somewhere, for hairier or smoother?

3/30/2005 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute eggs. and fab sock. I hope you are feeling better. we do go with the lotion tissues cause the kids. but wiping glasses with them sucks bigtime!

katyknits.typepad.com

3/30/2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

that sock looks great - and coming from someone who is forever knitting sleeves, I say the longer they take the more you'll like them! (say it enough as you're knitting and it sort of comes true...)

I am completely and totally with you on the no-lotion tissues with glasses - I have been using cheapo-tp too, but that's only because I keep forgetting to get tissues when I'm out and about.

3/30/2005 8:22 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

So glad you are feeling better.
I worked as a part time bookseller for a while (had been a librarian for a long time, Master's degree and everything. "They" insisted I be a barrista. So, while I can still foam skim milk with the best of them, my book selling days are over.

Awesome socks. Speed isn't everything.

Where in Boston to you live (more or less).. My darling daughter lives in Reading..... she's a knitter, too.

I'm off to see if there are yogurt/granola bowls in my couch; then to Borders to buy Yarn Harlot's book. :-)

3/31/2005 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home