Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A-zon

Still no pictures over here at Chez Bookish. It looks like the big bad server that holds my pictures is down. Alas, gift pictures will have to wait.

In the meantime, Birthday week continues here. My hubster picked me up from work AGAIN last night. You would be surprised how happy and giddy this makes me. It's damn cold out and not having to wait for a bus, then a train, then a bus is pretty damn great. I also got a fun surprise last night. Rumor around the house is that there is another one coming tonight. Yippy!

Yesterday I found an email from A*azon.com in my inbox. What? It seems someone sent me a gift certificate! There is no name attached to the ecard (which played Happy Birthday to meeee.) Now, if this was from one of you - Thank you! It truly made my day...my month! I had no idea that you could do such a thing. (I know, what rock have I been under?!) Because I can't thank you directly and, because I'd like to pass on the incredible feeling getting it gave me, I will be passing forward such a gift to some other birthday blogger soul in the future.

In the meantime...I'll be over at A-zon figuring out what to get. Yippy!!!

Sock update: I turned the heel successfully and have picked up the stitches for the gusset. What is intriguing me is the engineering behind this sock. What is driving me crazy are the holes left where I picked up the stitches. I’m going to continue and see how it looks when I’m done. Or should I try something different?

The thing is, when I first knit something I like to follow the directions to the letter. This way I can understand the construction and shape. It’s only after I do it once that I’ll go back and fix it. I’ve decided socks are the perfect commuting project. This means that plenty of socks will be in my future. Knowing that there will be more makes me think I should just leave this as it is and do something different on the next one. Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those holes where you pick up around the edge of the heel are really annoying, huh? If you knit into the _back_ of every stich (instead of the front like normal), it twists the stich and helps to close the hole. My socks look a lot better since I started doing that.

3/02/2005 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, a GC. Whatcha gonna get?

3/02/2005 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home