Saturday, February 12, 2005

Waxing Phil

Lauren pointed this out this morning in the comments and I've actually hit it a few times myself. There is a new blog on Blogger that has a very similar name to mine that is so not me.

I find it a bit amusing and have to admit that the first time I made the mistake I was thinking, "Did God take over my blog?"

My second thought was, "God has a sense of humor because people trying to get me (or get the new author) are in for a BIG surprise."

I mean, he is God and all...it could happen?!

In the end I just bask in our diversity and know, however we choose to communicate or not communicate our belief systems we ALL still put our pants on one leg at a time.

(okay....maybe not the lady in that jeans commercial...she just flops on her bed all at once.)

Ultimately, I'm so happy that we live in a country where each of us can have this corner of our world unsensored by anyone but ourselves. At least for now.
Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

8 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Oh my...that's pretty funny.

You're a much better person than I, darling, because I'm just thinking about ways to f*ck with her.

But we already knew I was going to hell.

I'll see you in 7h 15m. ;)

2/12/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

hell, i'm with elisa on this one. and i mean "hell" in the most serious sense...fire brimstone with satan holding court ....

2/12/2005 5:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ha. God took over your blog :)

I totally agree with you about our own little uncensored corners of the internet though... that is really amazing that we have that ability... like you said, for now.

Hope your weekend is going well Wendy!

2/12/2005 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Jesus is some nice dude. I mean, some people he chooses to save and other people (probably those who believe in evolution)he sends to hell. WHAT THE HELL? And I don't use that phrase casually. ;) I think she should change her name to bibleishgirl. Wait. You don't have some sort of multiple personality gig going on, do you?

Kerstin

P.S. Thanks for the valentine. :)

2/12/2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger um said...

hey, where'd all your pics and graphics go?

anyway, i'll have to check out the other blog. i know we don't have copyrights on this stuff, but it bugs me when i see someone with a similar handle/blogname/etc. as mine. i'm very possessive of my aliases, i guess :p

hope you had a great weekend!

2/13/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

That's funny, a similar thing happened to me. I was just "The Dilettante" before, but then someone else chose "Dilettante" thus I just added "Debutante" for no particualrly good reason (well, because a friend of mine once confused the two words).

You're you and we know that so don't worry. ;)

2/15/2005 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Colleen said...

This is *too* funny :-). Maybe she should change her blog to "TheGoodBookishGirl"

Alternatively, you could begin posting about your "true calling as a knitter, or somesuch."

2/15/2005 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Cara said...

Count yourself in good company - I have an alter ego myself - she's just about five days behind. ;-)

2/15/2005 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home