Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hitting my stride

For the record - I wouldn't have put the embarrassment out there if I didn't fully expect each and every one of you out there to laugh WITH me. Furthermore, it all goes back to the whole "putting your pants on one leg at a time." Each and every one of you have some sort of equally embarrassing moment that you're just not willing to share. Which is just fine with me. To each his own. As I listed in that long ago 100 things entry. I have been taught by the master of embarrassing scenarios, my best friend Juli, that everything feels a lot less embarrassing after you share it. Thank you for being so supportive and laughing and sharing your funny stories. I feel a lot better.

In other news. Our big computer is broke. It won't connect to the internet. There is most likely an easy solution to this problem. But it would require a phone call to dear sweet Dad and I think he probably has better things to do than talk his moron daughter through the finer points of internet connections. In the meantime, I blog from the dinosaur that is our laptop. This means a few things:

1 - No spell check. No grammar check. The big huge ass computer company's word processing program is not loaded on this little fellow. He just doesn't have enough juice. You will forgive me and not take me off your bloglines.
2 - No pictures. See number one above, no juice. See number one above, forgiveness.

While I'm just beginning to get back into my blogging stride I have been neglecting the reading and knitting portions of my life. You all aren't really aware of my recent escapades into these areas. There hasn't been much to report.

Reading - Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I'm about half through and stuck. Stuck in the muck. The current narrator bugs my britches. I will overcome. Someday. I do not have much motivation. I was reading this for my bookclub, we met and discussed it a week ago. I'm too much of a good student to abandon it half way through. It's very well written, interesting and all that jazz. I just hate the part I'm reading at this moment. Has anyone read it? Do you know the part I'm talking about?

Knitting - I am working my way through a few projects. I have five different projects on the needles. That's four too many in my opinion. I don't really know how it happened. Do you think that there are little elves who start things for you and then alter your memory to think that you started them?! I'll spend some time describing each of these in detail over the next few days. Maybe my brain will skip and I'll remember how they all had their beginnings. Sneaky little elves. Why the hell don't they clean my bathroom?

A sneak peak:
- The Clap
- A birthday scarf
- An unfinished Christmas Gift
- My first sock

How's that for a teaser?!




2 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

your initials are like a radio stations call number name thingy...wlpr ... cool.

2/17/2005 6:57 AM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I know how you feel about getting stuck in a book. I read “Earthly Joys” by Phillipa Gregory quickly but when I got about one-third into the second book in the 2 book series, “Virgin Earth”, I couldn’t find the will to continue reading. I allowed the book to languish on my nightstand until its due date at the library and finally returned it unfinished.

I’ve gotten so busy lately I have sorely neglected my knitting and reading. I only have one thing on the needles (Sophie in Orange You Glad) and only one book on the nightstand (To Kill a Mocking Bird), but I’ve been working on these since Christmas and can’t seem to find the time to finish. Summer should be a lot more forgiving with time, I hope.

2/17/2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home