Thursday, February 17, 2005

Altered Reality

I have this problem. Not to worry, there is no nastiness to report. I often have a hard time distinguishing reality. Something someone says will spark a story or an anecdote (that is one weird ass spelling) in my head and I often have a hard time determining if it is:

A - Something I read
B - Something I saw in a movie
C - Something I dreamt
D - Something that someone else experienced
E - Something that I experienced

That coupled with the vivid real-life dreams I have makes for much confusion.

This morning is one of those mornings. I had a dream last night, well....I think it was a dream. Maybe it really happened. The Harlot has been slowly working through the parade of donations to Knitters without Borders. Did I win something? Did I win something on some other site? Please help me find the light. I either won something or I had a VERY VIVID dream in which I read the following sentence on someone's blog:

"...and these will be making their way to Wendy (who is originally from Rochester, NY)...."

The reason I believe it was the Harlot's (in real-life or in my dream, I have not been over there yet to confirm this myself) is because of the style of the sentence and the fact that I'm from Rochester. This would be interesting to her (in my opinion) because it is so close to Toronto and there is a big boat sitting in Lake Ontario that was supposed to connect our worlds. It has failed miserably.

Yes, this is the logic that my brain has been going over to determine if the dream/real life experience was so wacky that it HAD to be a dream. But no, see - there is logic there. It could be real life.

I will now go there and check. If I read this somewhere else and I'm supposed to email someone to claim my prize - will you all tell me?

Oh – I just saw that the Knitty Surprise is UP!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, if you've won something, she sends you an email. I'm sorry! I have very vivid real-life dreams too - sometimes too real. Ever have sleep paralysis problems? That one can scare you to death!

2/17/2005 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But do you talk in your sleep?

2/17/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

girl, you are not the only one. trust me. that happens to me ALL THE TIME! i just chalk it up as one of my personal idiosyncrasies, and almost always preface what i'm abou t to say with something like, "um i don't know if this is something i read, or saw on tv, or dreamed up or heard from someone, but..."

2/21/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home