Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Good morning boogers....

It's my Monday morning (I had President's Day off) and I'm having a hard time kicking it into gear.

I figured I'd start my week off right by greeting all of you.

Good morning bloggers!

How are all of you today? It seems there is a bit of the Feb blahs going around. It seems that others are enjoying their time indoors and finishing a lot of projects. I was marveling our community and thinking about how lucky I am to have this voice and be a part of it all. You all are so creative and inspiring. Keep it up....I would be senselessly bored without all of this. ;)


Elisa tagged me for yet another silly meme. I was going to fart all over her blog again, but I forgot. She assured me she didn't feel slighted in the least. Btw - her hair looks just as great in person!


Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
I don't remember which is which. I throw with my right hand. Which is it? Google to the rescue... I knit English Style.

How long ago did you learn to knit?
A little over a year ago. Little did I know how much it would alter my daily grind. I started blogging about five months ago.

I was REALLY bored before I started knitting. One can only read so much and people at dinner parties don't take kindly to their guests pulling a book out at the end of dinner. I have the fidget syndrome. Knitting has allowed me to focus on conversations, movies, etc without dreaming about all the things I have to do.

Who taught you how?
A woman named Irena Tatsylin. She owns a LYS and has been teaching a community adult education classes for two decades. I truly enjoyed her and she taught me a lot in a few short weeks.

What was your first FO?
A baby cardigan for baby boy Gus (who at the beginning of the project was in the tummy.)

Favorite yarn?
I haven't met a yarn that I didn't like. Okay, not my favorite - any yarn that swears when I knit it.

Favorite pattern you’ve knit so far?
I don't play favorites. I love/hate them all the same.

Favorite pattern source?
The internet?! You guys are a great source of patterns. I must say, most of what I've knit has come from you.

Favorite needles?
I recently acquired a pair of Denise Interchangeables. Love them.

Nicest thing you’ve ever knit
The Big Sack Sweater for my husband. Even though it's too small. ;(

Most hated project
Banff, the sweater that could kill. The pattern was great. I-am-a-moron.

Who will I pass this on to?
The Buck Stops Here. If you want this you got it. Take it and run with it. Run free like a bird....except birds don't run. Run free like an elephant. Just don't forget to look both ways before you cross the street. Smashed elephant isn't pretty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - how was Vermont? Did you have a wonderful time? I don't think I left the house the whole weekend. Okay. Maybe twice.

2/22/2005 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home