Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Good morning boogers....

It's my Monday morning (I had President's Day off) and I'm having a hard time kicking it into gear.

I figured I'd start my week off right by greeting all of you.

Good morning bloggers!

How are all of you today? It seems there is a bit of the Feb blahs going around. It seems that others are enjoying their time indoors and finishing a lot of projects. I was marveling our community and thinking about how lucky I am to have this voice and be a part of it all. You all are so creative and inspiring. Keep it up....I would be senselessly bored without all of this. ;)


Elisa tagged me for yet another silly meme. I was going to fart all over her blog again, but I forgot. She assured me she didn't feel slighted in the least. Btw - her hair looks just as great in person!


Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
I don't remember which is which. I throw with my right hand. Which is it? Google to the rescue... I knit English Style.

How long ago did you learn to knit?
A little over a year ago. Little did I know how much it would alter my daily grind. I started blogging about five months ago.

I was REALLY bored before I started knitting. One can only read so much and people at dinner parties don't take kindly to their guests pulling a book out at the end of dinner. I have the fidget syndrome. Knitting has allowed me to focus on conversations, movies, etc without dreaming about all the things I have to do.

Who taught you how?
A woman named Irena Tatsylin. She owns a LYS and has been teaching a community adult education classes for two decades. I truly enjoyed her and she taught me a lot in a few short weeks.

What was your first FO?
A baby cardigan for baby boy Gus (who at the beginning of the project was in the tummy.)

Favorite yarn?
I haven't met a yarn that I didn't like. Okay, not my favorite - any yarn that swears when I knit it.

Favorite pattern you’ve knit so far?
I don't play favorites. I love/hate them all the same.

Favorite pattern source?
The internet?! You guys are a great source of patterns. I must say, most of what I've knit has come from you.

Favorite needles?
I recently acquired a pair of Denise Interchangeables. Love them.

Nicest thing you’ve ever knit
The Big Sack Sweater for my husband. Even though it's too small. ;(

Most hated project
Banff, the sweater that could kill. The pattern was great. I-am-a-moron.

Who will I pass this on to?
The Buck Stops Here. If you want this you got it. Take it and run with it. Run free like a bird....except birds don't run. Run free like an elephant. Just don't forget to look both ways before you cross the street. Smashed elephant isn't pretty.
Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

3 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Thanks for humoring me, darling. :)

2/22/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wendy, you are an awesome and creative part of this community--I love that Banff photo. I am glad you revisited that one... I am still laughing.

Have a good week, booger :)

2/22/2005 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Cara said...

hey - how was Vermont? Did you have a wonderful time? I don't think I left the house the whole weekend. Okay. Maybe twice.

2/22/2005 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home