Wednesday, February 23, 2005

You win!



Yes, you...you over there. The one that guessed the sock. You won.

You win nothing but my adoration for leaving a lovely guess. Although, I must admit I AM a bit disappointed. There was very little smut present (Okay, there was none. Unless you can you count the word thrum as smut?!) Do I have to start bringing some undesirables over here to get a laugh?

Close up



This pattern is from Interweave Knits. The name is Retro Rib. I am using size 2 needles and they make me want to poke my eyes out. One point at a time. Ten pokes in one eye. Ten in the other. All of them the exact diameter of US size 2 knitting needles. I'm not sure if I'm enjoying the process. I find it to be a bit tedious and slow going. Yet...

I - can't - seem - to - put - it - down.

Part of the problem may be that I'm not entirely sure these puppies are going to fit. I did swatch and I didn't make gauge. Swatches have always lied in the past I figure this one is no less wily then the rest. The swatch has been banished to the bottom of my knitting bag. Left to be smooshed by the notions above it. There is so much ribbing that I'm comfortable with my decision.

When they find me with the needles poking out of my face you all can say you saw the train wreck coming.

"But she was such a nice girl."

"But she swatched for all of her projects"

"You never would have expected this from her. There was so much laughter."

News at 11.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other gripey news. The winter cold has turned into a full blown whining malaise. Not only are we missing the Banff Mountain Film Festival tonight, I am also missing the girls and chocolate mousse at Elisa's house.

Stupid ass cold. Stupid ass chocolate mousse

Go wish The Melanoma a Happy Birthday. She sure as hell deserves it, she's had quite a crappy winter.









4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to guess socks. Did I guess socks? I can't remember.

I want to make that pattern! I want some nice sock yarn, with that pattern in mind, when I come to visit.

2/23/2005 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty socks. Don't feel too bad about the weather....it is crummy here in VA too!

2/24/2005 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that color and that pattern! So cute! I want one! Donno if could make them, but I wish I could

Go girl!

2/25/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger alison said...

The retro rib looks great! I don't think I knew that Brown Sheep made a sock yarn. Nice color. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for this pattern.

2/25/2005 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home