Friday, April 01, 2005

Thank you, Thank you very much (don't forget the Elvis twang in your head)

My Birthday was about three weeks ago. I’m still running on its flames. Melanie has some cute pictures here (m- I couldn't get this full post on the new site?). I think those are the only ones that were posted. I had a great Birthday. Not only did the husband rise to the occasion with BIRTHDAY WEEK. But I was overcome with gratitude toward the people that took time to send something my way. From emails, to smiles, to good graces. Unbelievable.

Margene recently wrote about the idea of a Swan family. I couldn’t put it any better than she did. Thank you all for making it a special day. I am a strong believer in community and supporting the other fellow. I am amazed by the actions of many of you towards one another. However, I am truly dumb-founded that the sentiment behind it is true and real. People caring about one another, even when the other is a perfect stranger. What a concept. The world could learn a lesson from the likes of you all.



These girls happen to live in my city and were brave enough to celebrate my Birthday in the JFK Room of our local bar (L to R: Melanoma, Debbie, Jackie, and Elisa.) JFK Room?! Yes, Boston is just a tiny bit proud of its role in JFK’s life. They rock and they brought yarn. These are all people I met on the INTERNET people. Scary place that it is… Who knew that the fringe benefits (bun-da-bump-ching) of knitting friends meant more yarn for you? Whopee. (Kris is missing from this photo – she’s a new blogging knitter who owns the Elizabeth Zimmerman videos, kniteros? Right Kris? I actually have them in my possession and have yet to watch them.)

For whom ever (who ever?) sent the A-zon gift certificate my way, this is what you got me. Now, we all are familiar with my inability to make progress on a sock. I was optimistic at the time. Now I wonder if I’ll ever get to use it. I will persevere.


And dear Shelley. Have you all taken a look at her blog? She a phenomenal caring woman who I will hug someday with a wide heart. Robby put together a banner for her and what do I get in the mail? A handmade pair of beautiful earrings. What?! People can actually make these?! And a few weeks later I am the special recipient of another pair.



(**dude, heady is so a cross-dresser**)

These I wore out to my BIG BIRTHDAY NIGHT IN THE NORTH END. (The North End is the Italian Neighborhood. Here you can find food just like your Grandma used to make. Yum Yum in my tum, tum.)

It goes on and on and it keeps going. Elisa gifted me a day on the town. Do you think I should tell her that I have a weak spot for expensive food and cheap men?

The littlest thing makes a huge difference. (Dude - I got a card from someone I've never even met! Thanks Laura A) I've resisted writing this post because I was afraid that I would forget to thank someone. Which I know I must have done here, and I am sorry for the oversight. However, I couldn't help but recognize the spirit in which this all was done. The actions are only second to the meaning behind them.

I'll be passing the buck on and hopefully we can spread some damn cheer around here!

Now go barf up your breakfast damnit!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man - what a birthday! It must be nice to have a birthday where people aren't hung over. ;-)

Have a great weekend Cheeky! Hope the birthday never ends!

4/01/2005 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! May you have many, many more!

4/01/2005 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way too much you are having there, but actually I bet everybody can't wait for your birthday to roll around again! Hope it's an annual event for many years to come...

4/01/2005 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home