Monday, June 19, 2006

Who you calling Loaded?



Inspired by all of the giving in these here parts I hobbled over to Cara's registry and got Rob 3/10 of a Goat for his birthday.

Because really? What would we do with a whole goat?

It is way more fun to say that you have 3/10ths of a goat.

People look at you funny.

I wonder which part they'll send us? I hope it's not the ass.


What?

They don't SEND you the Goat?

It goes to a family in need?

Damn.

Well, to tell you the truth, I was a bit concerned about what 3/10ths of a Goat would look like and how it would smell in a few months.

A free fun silly prize to the first person who get's the pop culture referenced in the picture above. Rob has a band named Loaded Goat, where did he get this from?

ps - If you know us in real life and know the answer to this question you cannot answer because you will ruin it for everyone and I will cry and stamp my feet and throw my hands up in the air.

pps - Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I think Rob had the best birthday evah, which was partly due to you all. Thank you.


12 Comments:

Blogger EvaLux said...

Yippee... am I really first??? Well I'll be honest and let ya know I googled... it looks like it is from something called the Andy Griffith Show (whatever that is/was). I've also found that it is/was a recordlabel.

Cheers Eva

6/19/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger JanuaryOne Cara said...

Thank you thank you thank you!

6/19/2006 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is his band named after an episode of the andy griffith show?

6/19/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger KarenK said...

Well, I've actually seen that episode of the Andy Griffith show, so I can say (without Googling) that it's the one where a goat eats a stick of dynamite and of course, Barney saves the day. :-)

6/19/2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

oh man -- can you believe that there are people who walk around and contribute to society that don't know what the andy griffith show is/was?

i didn't remember that episode, but i know who barney fyfe is. and floyd. and andy, and aunt bea, and gomer....

6/19/2006 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's from an episode of the "Andy Griffith Show' where a goat eats dynomite. Someone really doesn't know about this show? Wow. I'm old.

6/19/2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

UmHHey hey hey, some of us weren't allowed to watch tv growing up!

I think you need to draw 3/10 of a goat so Rob really knows what he's getting. :)

6/19/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I never watched Andy Griffith... My parents thought it was dumb.
I think a Loaded Goat sounds like something from a Jethro Tull song...

6/20/2006 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My good friend just got a replica penny farthing for her birthday, which I said was the coolest.present.ever. But 3/10 of a goat is a close second!! Well done, sweetpea.

6/20/2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger Mini said...

From the Andy Griffith episode where the goat eats the dynamite? I remember watching that one on Nick at Nite...

Huh... do they have some disclaimer that you can just go pet your 3/10 of a goat?

:) Kate

6/20/2006 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is Jimmy, the loaded goat on Andy Griffith. He ate dynamite and shared a hay filled stall with Otis and was serenaded by Barney! Loved that show! 3/10ths of a goat. Is that like a half a boy? That is another episode of Andy. ;)

Becky

6/21/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

I just referenced Mayberry in my own blog entry. So yeah, I think it's the reference to the Andy Griffith episode where the goat eats the dynamite.

Also, I think it's awesome that you got 3/10 of a goat. I hope the family in need gets the whole goat, though. They probably have enough problems without figuring out how to dispose of a goat's ass.

6/25/2006 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home