Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to the contest

I've been busy with a top-secret project over here. It's kept me from blogging and other activities. I'll share the details soon.

In the meantime.

Remember this?

Allll-righty.

There were a bunch of correct answers in the lot. Those that used Google, while I applaud your go-gettum attitude are disqualified. EvaLux, my darling, you didn't have a fighting chance with this one.

Guys? Eva is European. And no, that is not a joke that you tell when you're a kid (Yer a peeing) it is a land far from here that is, tragically, missing many American Pop Culture Icons. While I would argue in most cases this is a benefit of this far away land in this case, it is tragic.

Eva is currently living in Luxumbourg. And while I cannot remember if she is Luxumborgish, she lives there and for that she will always be in my, 'too cool for words' category. Why you ask? Because I used to live in Luxumbourg! File that one away in your, "huh, that Wendy is full of mysteries". I lived there for ~5 months in 1996(?) for a semester abroad. It. was. awesome. One of those seminal times in your life when the world feels right, you know you're doing the right thing, leading the right life, etc. etc. There have been few times reserved for those feelings.

Back to the topic. Loaded Goat, the absolute coolest, radest, magically delicious music project in the whole damn universe is named after an Andy Griffin Episode. My husband is a huge Andy Griffin fan and I have learned to love it as well.

Now, the first person to with the correct answer in the comments is Eva. Unfortunately, she's disqualified for Googling. Jenn is the next person. However, I'm a bit suspicious that she was Google informed as well. Jenn, if you can pinky swear with sugar and a cherry on top that you did not Google to come up with the answer, then you are the proud winner. If not the cheesy funny prize will head off to KarenK, who clearly knew the whole story about the episode. Please email me (bookishwendy at gmail dot com) with your mailing address.

The prize (in case you want to back out!) is a little something I picked up at a local craft store...

It's a sheep that poops jelly beans! hehehehe.

Thanks for playing.


12 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

What a great prize!

7/24/2006 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it the Andy Griffith show??

(I've never heard of Andy Griffin, and I promise I'm not a European.)

7/24/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAAAAAHHHHH I thought I'd won LOL. Ah well, at least I'll never forget that the Loaded Goat is something from the Andy Griffith show... but don't you dare ask me what the AG show is :)

I'm not luxembourgish, but belgian. I've lived here 35 years now (I was 6 months old when the "old ones" and I moved down here) and have no plans to move.

A jelly bean pooping sheep... that's way too funny!!! I would have had a problem with it as I can not get jb's here (well, one shop imports them from the US, but for the price they ask I could fly there and back :))

Hope you'll be able to reveal your super secret project soon... me is curious and me misses your posts!!!

Cheers Eva

7/24/2006 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great prize! We used to have a couple different ones in our office (Chicken, Moose, Cow.) The best refill candy to use hands down are Glosette Raisins. They're perfect!

7/24/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

um, yeah miss you-europeans-are-disqualified-blah-blah-blah -- it's the andy GRIFFITH show.

7/24/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

A sheep that poops jelly beans. Girl, you are so weird.

7/24/2006 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaahaa!!!! I saw the craisy daisy pooping sheep at Joann's months ago, and knew that I must get it for you. It's been waiting in the dresser for the perfect time (which was going to be Monday - I thought it would be even more appropriate now :) Anyway, the surprise is ruined now, but you're still getting a craisy daisy of your own!

7/25/2006 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. the kids had a chicken that layed eggs. They loved it. Great prize.

7/25/2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

I love that the sheep has a subtitle of "Super Dooper Pooper". And that it's waving to you from the right corner of the package. :) I know someone who has a windup chicken that waddles around, clucks and poops gumballs. . .

7/25/2006 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Crazy prize.

7/25/2006 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which is weirder: the Loaded Goat reference or the sheep pooping jelly beans. Gotta say, it's the most entertaining blog entry today.

7/25/2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Irie said...

that Crazy Daisy looks suspiciously like a cow! Still a very cute prize. :)

7/28/2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home