Thursday, April 14, 2005

Freudian Slip?

Earlier this week I was walking through the food court near my work (let that sink in a minute, a food court near work? Yes, torture. Pure torture.) Baseball season officially began this week here in Boston (and everywhere else in the country - of course.) If you live here you know that it never really ends....the longing continues. As we adjust our driving and shopping patterns to accommodate the influx of fans to our neighborhoods I was thinking about making a Red Sox t-shirt. Alison's MagKnits pattern is the obvious choice (do I really have to link to this?). I thought to myself....hmmm, I could make the little sox as the graphic. That would be cute. A pink T maybe with the Red Sox decorated with a white heel and toe? Then I thought that maybe it would be a tad easier to just use letters. After all, most of the work is already done for you...with the letter graphing and all. So I thought, hmmm, how about just writing Sox across the front in red. That would be cute and fun. I erupted in giggles at the thought of slipping and accidentally writing Sex. It suddenly occurred to me,

would that be a Knitian-Slip?


Obviously I need a vacation.



7 Comments:

Blogger Jaimi said...

You know, I was totally thinking about doing the same thing! My thought was the Boston B, but the socks would work well too. Of course, I've never attempted intarsia, so it all depends on which would be easier....

4/14/2005 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great idea.

Alternatively, you could put a player's number on the back of the shirt.

4/14/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey Wendy, one of my friends is making one now, with an intarsia B. I can ask her for the chart if you want. Red Sex seems Soviet, somehow. :)

4/14/2005 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should do the sock version. That would be too cute. Everyone would be asking you where you "bought" it. Ha!

4/14/2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

how about one for the yankees?

NOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!!

4/15/2005 6:12 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I'm the friend that Katie mentioned who is making a sweater right now with the Boston "B" logo. I sketched the intarsia graph myself. I'm still weaving in a LOT of ends, but I'll try to post a photo this weekend at http://mitstitchandbitch.blogspot.com/ -- if you're interested, I can also send you a copy of the chart...

4/15/2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Are you a Wendy, too!? Anyway, I am in Boston, too, and have been thinking about making the Skully from SnB but with the Boston B on the arms instead...and maybe an circle with the Yankees logo on the other arm...

4/19/2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home