Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

MOVIE QUOTES!

Here are the ones that we knew right off (forgive me for not linking to each of your sites, it's late and I'm tired):

From Margene: "Walk this way." Movie: Arthur

From Terby: "Gee Ricky...I'm really sorry your Mom blew up.." Movie: Better off Dead

From Terby: "Where do you get those wonderful toys?" Movie: Batman

From Katie: "That rabbit had a name. It had two names!" and "I'd make a great Gordon, Gordon." Movie: Roger Rabbit (we're not sure about this one)

From Monica: "And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile at my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" Movie: Planes, Trains and Automobiles....this is a great one!!

From Lorette: "Is this a kissing book?" Movie: Princess Bride

From Suzanne: "Oh ffffuuuudddggggeeeee!!!!" Movie: A Christmas Story; "Bob's sailing." Movie: What about Bob'; "Noone puts Baby in a corner!" Movie: Dirty Dancing; "Santa!" Movie: A Christmas Story; "Bueller . . . Bueller" Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

From Cara: "Never trust the living!" Movie: Lost Boys.

From Laura A: "Head! Pants, now!" (Hint: said with a Scottish accent.) Movie: The Full Monty AND "I have a bad feeling about this..." Movie: Star Wars (or Return of the Jedi)

From Lisa: "That's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that." Movie: Better off Dead AND "These go to *eleven*." Movie: Spinal Tap

From Maggie: "Badges?...We don't need no stinkin' badges." Movie: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre AND "I coulda' been a contender..." Movie: On the Waterfront


Did anyone check out the American Film Institute's special on CBS the other night? It was pretty cool, "AFI's 100 Years 100 Movie Quotes".

We may be wrong on some of these. As for the others, well...what can I say? We suck at this game. Leave me a clue (or the answer) in the comments and we'll go for another round.

Play It, Sam!



15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could swear "Never trust the living" is from Beetlejuice.

~A hint for my quote "he's just like any other man, only more so" - it's black and white, and has several other quotes listed on the AFI's top 100.

6/23/2005 6:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ok, I love this game so I'm going to try to leave you some hints that aren't too obvious.

1. "Suicide is NEVER the answer, little trooper!"

The same character that said this, also said "This is pure snow! It's everywhere! Have you any idea of what the street value of this mountain is?"

2. "I did not come to medical school to murder my classmates, no matter how deranged they might be!"

Another quote from this movie is "Ahh! It's a good day to die." (said by Kiefer Sutherland)

3. "Now that I've met you, would you object to never seeing me again?"

Another quote from this movie is "In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take. " (said by Tom Cruise)

6/23/2005 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Head! Pants, now!" is actually from So I Married An Axe Murderer. (Mike Meyers playing his own father). Love that movie.

"Light the lamp not the rat! Light the lamp not the rat!"
is from A Muppet Christmas Carol. (Rizzo the Rat to Gonzo, playing Charles Dickens)

Hope you all had a really fun birthday.

6/23/2005 6:10 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

"I hope so. I'm wearing his underwear."
Another quote from this movie -
"I guess it goes from God to Jerry to you to the cleaners, right Kent?"

"Where do you get those wonderful toys?"
I was actually being sneaky, and it could also be from Mallrats.

Lisa rocks.

6/23/2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger Dani In NC said...

I thought mine was a bit too easy, but I guess everyone hasn't seen this movie 15 times like I have! My quote was:

"Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?"

Here's a few nudges: the character saying the line has the same name as a character on "Gilmore Girls" and the line is uttered in the last 10 minutes of the movie.

6/23/2005 8:24 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

"Heeeeer's Johnny!" I couldn't resist this one.

6/23/2005 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie's right - "Never trust the living" is from Beetlejuice.

I gotta go back and look at my other quotes, but I'm beat, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Love ya Chica!

6/23/2005 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched that AFI show the other night! It was funny to see the different actor, like Burt Reynolds, uttering "frankly my dear. . . "

6/24/2005 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you can't get mine.
Other lines from the same movie:

"Never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line"
and
"As you wish"

Better?

6/24/2005 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe the quote is from Athur, too BUT,I was thinking of Young Frankenstein. *I*gor says it;-)

6/24/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

The AFI show was great!
Right on the Princess Bride quote. That one was too easy.
The second quote:
Drinking don't bother my memory. If it did I wouldn't drink. I couldn't. You see, I'd forget how good it was, then where'd I be? Start drinking water again.
Another hint: Hoagy Carmichael was also in this movie. This movie did make the AFI list with a different quote.

6/24/2005 12:09 PM  
Blogger Teri S. said...

Here are a couple of my favorites. I usually find a way to insert them in conversation.

1) "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."

Clue: Cult film

2) "Run away!"

Clue: Another cult film; well, mainstream, but achieved a cultish following.

My husband tends to be amazed when I quote movies, because I tend to not watch them!

6/25/2005 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's like Jon Bon Jovi said: No man is an island."

Hint: a movie starring Hugh Grant, adapted from a novel by the author of "High Fidelity."

"They're nihlists, Donny. There's nothing to be afraid of."

Spoken by a crazed Vietnam vet with anger issues and two best friends: the Dude and Donny.

"Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!"

Outright, this is a quote from Office Space, and if you haven't seen it, please do. You'll laugh, you'll want to smash a fax machine. It's fabulous.

6/26/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Not Roger Rabbit - Local Hero, which if you haven't seen, well, you should. As well as Gregory's Girl and Comfort and Joy (all directed by Bill Forsyth).

6/27/2005 1:28 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

In case my 'waffles' quote was keeping you up...another line is:

"onions have layers. cakes have layers."

6/27/2005 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home