Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Today is for you, my Love (*Updated*)

Four years ago today I had my second date with my now-husband. We went for pizza. This was fifteen days after our first date and a week before our first kiss. Can you say, slow start?!

While we're at dinner at the Mellow Mushroom in Athens, Georgia we ordered beer. I had no idea it was his birthday and had asked him to go out that night on a whim. Last we left it I was busy with my thesis defense and jury duty (I was assigned to a week long trial) and would be in touch when things chilled. Things had chilled and I was ready for Date #2. Robby got a bit nervous when the waitress asked for our IDs. I thought it was because he was so in love with me he couldn't see straight. Little did I know, he was afraid the waitress would blow his cover and reveal that it was his birthday!


I. Love. Birthdays.

Imagine how sad I was when I discovered that I had missed his?!



Happy Birthday my sweet Love. Thank you for sticking through my attempts to thwart your love. The end prize was certainly worth the hard work, huh? I love you bo-bo and wish we could head to the Mellow-Mushroom to make up for the first birthday!




*Updated* - I just had a fun birthday game idea. Inspired by Laurie's wish for a poem and Cara's most recent movie quote contest. Robby loves movies and is often caught quoting a movie that no one else recognizes and then giggling to himself. His goal is only to crack himself up. In our early relationship this caused some "misunderstandings" because he would say the wierdest/rudest/strangest/inappropriate things and than not let me know that we was ACTUALLY quoting something!

This morning it was:

"That must be hard for a professional killer, they must hear you coming."

Random movie - Survivors, Actor Quoted - Robbin Williams. What the hell he was talking about? Well, apparently Jerry Lewis's character has colitis and is a professional killer. Hilarious, right?! Uh, huh.

I have no idea what caused this quote to enter that man's head at that moment...but it was pretty funny to watch him giggle.

Anyway - so, leave us a quote and we'll try to guess the movie to which the quote belongs. I'll post our answers later this week. At that point you can clue us to the REAL answer.



20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Walk this way." I'm rolling in laughter just remembering it! LOL

Happy Birthday to your sweety!

6/15/2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Three of my favorites, three movies:

"Gee Ricky... I'm really sorry your Mom blew up."

"I hope so. I'm wearing his underwear."

"Where do you get those wonderful toys?"

Easy, I think. Happy birthday wishes!

6/15/2005 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He's just like any other man, only more so."

Happy Birthday Rob! Ah, but I do miss the Mellow Mushroom.

Melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

6/15/2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Two from my favorite movie:

"That rabbit had a name. It had two names!"

"I'd make a great Gordon, Gordon."

6/15/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh yeah, and happy birthday Mr. Bookish Girl!

6/15/2005 6:51 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

"We're having WAFFLES tonight!"

6/15/2005 7:08 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Oh man, this was hard to just pick a couple! Here are two from two of my favorite movies. They will probably be easy for you guys.

1. Is this a kissing book?

2. Drinking don't bother my memory. If it did I wouldn't drink. I couldn't. You see, I'd forget how good it was, then where'd I be? Start drinking water again.

6/15/2005 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some easy ones for ya. . .

"Oh ffffuuuudddggggeeeee!!!!"

"Bob's sailing."

"Noone puts Baby in a corner!"

"Santa!"

And the easiest of them all
"Bueller . . . Bueller"

From one Gemini to another--
Happy birthday to your honey!

6/15/2005 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"put...the candle...back!"

"my mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

i've been known to come flying out of the sun with movie quotes too...it's always more fun when someone else chimes in with the next line ;-)

6/15/2005 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rob!

Here are mine:

"For Fuck's Sake!"

"I'm at the Cafe on the Paris Midi.
(voice on phone)How do you spell that? Paris....
How do you spell -- With an S for SHITHEAD."

"You're talking about my wife, but you must be thinking about yours."

"That is why I won't do two shows a night, babe. I won't, I won't do it."

6/16/2005 6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot one:

"Never trust the living!"

6/16/2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bookish Girl! What a great story :)

6/16/2005 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking for a fun game and some birthday wishes.

Here's the first one that came to mind from one of my favorite moves:

"...and it exploded."

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

6/16/2005 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Light the lamp not the rat! Light the lamp not the rat!"

"Head! Pants, now!" (Hint: said with a Scottish accent.)

"Rochefort... isn't that a smelly kind of cheese?"

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

6/16/2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

since i can't remember any quotes (that aren't obvious) i'll refrain for now. maybe i'll post something later.

in the meantime, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!

6/16/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My favourites:

"Suicide is NEVER the answer, little trooper!"

"That's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that."

"I did not come to medical school to murder my classmates, no matter how deranged they might be!"

"Now that I've met you, would you object to never seeing me again?"

And the one I use most? "These go to *eleven*."

6/16/2005 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dear one
(and Ken fixed the comment thing at my place)

how about..

"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

6/16/2005 5:53 PM  
Blogger Dani In NC said...

Once upon a time, I thought I knew a lot about movies. I can't identify most of these lines! Still, I want to play, so here is a line from one of my favorites that I saw last weekend:

"Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?"

Dani (one of the many, apparently)

6/16/2005 9:16 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

"Badges?...We don't need no stinkin' badges."

I coulda' been a contender...

Happy Birthday to hubby!

6/16/2005 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's like Jon Bon Jovi said: No man is an island."

"They're nihlists, Donny. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!"

Happy Birthday to your husband! :)

6/19/2005 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home