Sunday, May 08, 2005

Saturday at the Stompers Part II

Can I just say, there's nothing like going through a Saturday knowing that someone is "watching". It didn't cause us to alter our schedule at all - but there are a few "normal" everyday things missing here from the pictures. Some occurred, others didn't. For example, some things that didn't occur: Shower for Wendy, Lunch, Healthy Dinner. We are so not ready to have kids.

On to the "real" news....

We're still in the process of getting our house settled (we've been in it for a year and a half.)


Today we painted our bedroom:








We finished just in time for the Derby.

Curtains will be hung, frames will go back on the wall, and it will be complete sometime this week.



(It's pretty crazy what the camera does with colors. The actual color of the walls is much closer to the during pictures.)


The Kentucky Derby was celebrated in high style here in the Stomper household.

Screw all the
fancy hats - I pulled out my cowboy hat and Rob and I wore our "Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky" T-shirts. Here we are cheering against 50:1 odds.



(These t-shirts were a wedding gift from our nephews. These boys were the life of the party, can you tell?)

While we didn't make Mint Julep's,
we did partake in the official drink of the State of Kentucky - bourbon:




Leaving today (Sunday) to start off much as yesterday (Saturday) did.




ps - I love it when people post pictures in their homes. Somehow what's in the background is often more interesting than the subject. This is definitely true when I look at pictures of us in our house. I wonder what you all will see and wonder about. You're now given a free pass to ask...you may learn something about me and I'm all for sharing!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you protected the yarn with a drop cloth! Wouldn't want to get paint on that Cotton Fleece!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

5/08/2005 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I totally want to know what's up with the Virgin Mary! And you're *so* ready to have kids: I haven't had a shower nor lunch nor a healthy dinner in years.

Crazy Daisy (minus one or two petals)

5/08/2005 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like that too. I'm always scrutinizing the background for interesting furniture and little clues about other people's homes. Glad I'm not the only one!

5/08/2005 11:44 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

ok i'm so totally jealous of your beautiful woodwork, your high ceilings and big windows. i love looking into people's houses too.

5/08/2005 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't a bourbon just a mint julep, hold-the-mint?
julia fc

5/08/2005 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is going on with that statue, or have I had one too many mint juleps?

5/08/2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Congrats on room painting and protecting yarn stash!!
Do you think most of the smart people LEAVE Texas? How long were you/your family there before heading to Bean-Town? My DD moved there as soon as she could (B-Town, not Texas. She grew up in the Lone Star State though.... even did color guard and the Friday Night Lights thing.
How DO they say "duty" in Kentucky?
I am reading The Little Red Writing Book and Easier Than You Think.
AND I posted my modlar knit thingy.

5/09/2005 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen this?
http://naiveknitting.typepad.com/naive_knitting_blog/2005/05/studio_confidan.html

Also, my mom adores _I_Capture_the_Castle_ and has given it to me at least twice. And I do like the characters--except Rose. How would you get along with Rose?

5/10/2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home