Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The best and worst: Beaver Dam Reunion 2005




The Beaver Dam Reunion (BDR 2005) was a huge success (some day I will tell you all the story of the Beaver Dam. For now, rest assured the term Beaver is meant in a non-gutter ball context.) This little man...



took his first steps....


(notice Marne knitting in the background?! Love this girl.)

This lady's belly...





was pampered and petted.


The sweet sweater was gifted.




The trip ended with an extra night in D.C....I missed my flight. Only because I tried to check in 27 minutes before it took off...3 minutes short of the required 30. 3 MINUTES!!!! For crying in the beers - could the airlines be more anal?! Next time a flight takes off 3 minutes late someone is going to get an ear full.


Now for the worst.



Coffee, knitting, and a lot of people in line to get on a plane never equals happiness. Poor litte yarn butt....

So, what do I do? Wash the yarn alone? Wash the yarn and the sock and the other skein I have? Knit it up and then wash it all out? By wash I mean - "soak in a cool bath of mild detergent."

What you sez?





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you knitting with the yarn butt? I'd be tempted to see how the coffee stain was placed throughout the garment--it might make for some interesting color variations.

5/04/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Darling baby and charming friends. The sweater looks darling. If there was NO sugar or cream in the yarn butt coffee, I'd probably knit it and then soak it... but even dry cleaners have a devil of a time if there are a combination of "staining agents." Colleen's suggestions is an interesting one... maybe you could go wild with a big of kool aid and all the skeins!!

Thanks for the positive feed back on my sheep. I'm practicing on sheep dogs (!) and alpacas/llamas, etc.

5/04/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger benedetta said...

looks like you had a lot of fun!

i'd soak that baby's butt ASAP, if you do not want the variegated effect.

5/04/2005 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home