Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Details, Details

The pattern for the lovely shown here yesterday is from MinnowKnits (Pizzazz #179QK.) I could have made up the pattern in my sleep. Two rectangles (front and back) and two trapezoids (is that right? a trapezoid?) for sleeves. I was captured by the store model and Johanna (yes Johanna, I did switch the colors...I wasn't feeling so courageous!) helped me pick out a suitable substitute for the called for yarn. In spite of the pattern's simple shape it forced me to try a few new things:

- Cotton Fleece. Can I say L-O-V-E this yarn. Didn't hurt my hands, love the drape, it comes in rad colors. What more could a girl ask for? I'm totally making a tank with this yarn. I used the following colors for this sweater: CW-810 Cherry Moon, and CW-240 Pink-A-Boo. I used one full skein of the Main Color Pink-A-Boo and just a bit of the Cherry Moon for the stripes. I did dip into a second skein of the Pink-A-Boo but if I had made the stripes thicker I think I could have gotten away with just one. I made the smallest size.

- Hems on the bottom and sleeves. I had a bit of help learning how to do this in a way that would be attractive. The Subway Knitter sure knows her way around some hems!



- Picking up stitches for the sleeves. While I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work for an adult sweater I think it is perfect for a baby sweater. One less seam to knit always makes for a happy Bookish Girl.



If you're looking for a quick easy knit for a new babe in your life this is the knit for you.

I picked up some buttons for the shoulder today. They are so darn cute. I'll put up a picture when I'm all done!

I took this morning off of work to make up for some weekend work that I was roped into. I was so lucky to be able to spend it with The Bean - Neala Bean that is.



Damn good time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The sweater looks like an adorable knit (for an adorable baby!). I just bought some cotton fleece to make Mind of Winter's alternate version of the Honeymoon Cami...I absolutely can't wait to use it.

4/27/2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

No reason that couldn't work on an adult sweater.

4/27/2005 10:50 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Sweet baby! I also used Cotton Fleece to make a baby sweater this year... in Cherry Moon! Mine was Knitty's Haiku cardi. Anyway, I completely agree that it's a great yarn to work with and I can't wait to make something for myself with it. :)

4/27/2005 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a cute sweater. Thanks for the 411 on Cotton Fleece. It always looks nice in the skein, glad to read that it also looks (and feels) nice when it's knit.

4/28/2005 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How darling: both sweater and baby! Does it fit her now or is it for her future? (like next week)

4/28/2005 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, I see, it's not even for this baby, but for another, not even arrived yet!

4/28/2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

That baby makes my ovaries ache.

And the sweater came out delish, your friend is one lucky lady. I know you'll have a great time this weekend.

4/28/2005 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute sweater. And a cute bean to boot! Lucky you, and a very lucky bean!

4/28/2005 8:21 PM  
Blogger Carolyn B. said...

An adorable sweater ... and such a cute sleepy baby! I can almost smell the baby powder. *sigh*

-- Carolyn B.

7/06/2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home