Thursday, April 28, 2005

Give me a K! Give me a N! Give me a I! Give me a T! Give me a F!....experte

Thank you all so much for the compliments on the sweater - and the baby! I wish I could claim her as my own. Alas, she is the "hard work" of our good friends. They found out they were pregnant on our wedding day!!! How fun is that? I walked up to Kristin at the reception and said, "Please tell me you're drinking water for a reason!" Needless to say, she was. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the sweater will be gifted this weekend on my trip to DC. The bean that will wear this sweater is still in the tum. Neala was the recipient of this sweater (there she is all snug in mom’s belly!)

Okay - so I asked my resident yarn expert what a good cheap (I think I may have actually said "cheap ass") substitute would be for Calmer. With all of the good I've heard about Calmer I hate to substitute at all. However, I just can't rationalize that amount of money at this point in time (which reminds me, has anyone noticed my new button, "Thrify Knits", that's me baby.) Johanna recommended Sirdar Breeze. It's about half the price, right?! Well I used my favorite froggle and found it for $6 something at Wool Needle Works (4 skeins of Main Color, 1 of second color. I bought an extra MC color to be on the safe side.) Sweeeet.

Why in the world am I buying this particular yarn?! Well the commenters sparked my excitement about Alison's Mag Knits T-shirt pattern. I couldn't resist the idea of writing - knitfomaniac on a tee! Who's with me?! I'm not sure I'm up for a formal knit-a-long. And I know there is a knit-a-long already one out there for the t-shirt pattern. But, if you're up for the crazy and wild (girls gone wild) challenge, let me know. I'd love some company. Screw the Red Sox idea....Knitfomaniac here I come.

I'm off to DC tomorrow. I will, sadly, miss the Harlot at my LYS. The girls will be there. I'm looking forward to the 4-1-1.

The sweater is ready to go. Check out these cutie buttons:




5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

What's the F for?

You have to give a review of the Breeze. It looks like it could soften the blow of Cotton-Ease discontinuation, even though it's a tinier gauge.

4/28/2005 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the Harlot tonight - what a riot. Read about it tomorrow - if not at my blog - at around a million other people's. It was a scene if there ever was one.

I want to make a long sleeve tee with a super special word on it - not sure I'm ready to let it out of the bag. Hope the substitution works out. Have a great time in DC - wave as you ride by....

4/28/2005 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be sure to kiss the harlot for you and have a pint for you afterwards. That sweater is cute as can be, buttons and all!

Have a good trip!

melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

4/29/2005 6:11 AM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I've been dying to knit that sweater, but couldn't stomach the cost of the Calmer; I don't knit well enough to justify it. Hope the Breeze knits up well - keep us posted!

4/29/2005 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know about the Sirdar, and sorry that we'll miss you at the Harlot.

4/29/2005 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home