Thursday, May 05, 2005

Taking a Drink at Glickman's

It was my sock, the retro rib sock, that so sadly met the fate of the coffee. Not just any coffee but Dunkin' Donuts (D&D) vanilla iced coffee with cream and sugar. Now, the New Englanders in the group may feel the gravity of the situation. D & D puts the cream and sugar in FOR you. Let's just say it's probably better we don't know what we're drinking. The buzzing in my head after I finish a LARGE is enough to tell me....we've got multiple staining agents here.

Hopefully it's nothing that a good soak can't take care of. If it doesn't work, well, I'm at peace with the sock's destiny. I will persevere, finish the sock, and feel a special attachment to the "special" variegation in the yarn.

Alas, I am not going to any kind of Sheep and Wool celebrations this weekend in a certain state that starts with the letter "M". However, I know that "As the Blog Turns" will slowly reveal all of the episodes. Have fun kids - just don't forget the sharpie's. Someone MUST embarrass themselves so that I feel better.

Me, I'll be sipping a Mint Julep with my Kentucky Boy watching the Derby run by.

Cheers!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there - so embarassment can't be far behind. I'll probably puke or something equally horrifying. No. Really. There WILL be sheep poop involved. You can count on it.

I'll be missing you though! Kiss, kiss!

5/05/2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Although the coffee spill on sock yarn is very very, scary to me, I have to say, it might help in case you are in need of a caffeine fix. Although passersby may think you're a tad odd sucking on your sock...:)

5/05/2005 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you can count on me for a humiliating episode at Maryland.
I have a gift.

Stephanie
(yarn harlot)

5/05/2005 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be experiencing the blogland edition of MDSW! I gotta see what that Cara gets up to.

Good luck with the yarn....

5/06/2005 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww - that's such a sweet pic of you and Rob!

I was just soaking some wool in coffee last night too - but mine was on purpose. A little dying experiment! Good luck.

melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

5/06/2005 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really a beautiful picture of you two! Enjoy your weekend. There's SO MUCH to say for a relaxing weekend at home.

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

5/06/2005 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of embarassing-- I often use center pull balls. Which means I pull from what you call the "yarn butt." I have been having all sorts of interesting images since you told us your name for it.
Laura

5/06/2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

let's make a pledge that we go to the festival of sheep and wool in another M state next year.

the coffee will eventually come out. i know this because i spill coffee on myself all of the time.

5/06/2005 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with how calm you are about this whole coffee incident. Tres cool.

Jackie

5/06/2005 4:20 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

YOU ARE GOING TO THE MARYLAND FIBER FLING? Oooooooooh. Envy from here!!
Re sock: finish em, order a big DnD coffee, dunk em both (consider it more flavorful than RIT) and THEN wash em... they should turn out the same!!

5/07/2005 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home