Monday, May 09, 2005

Lovely Lorette Looses a Hand (for a bit anyway) and Tags me for a Book Meme

Lovely Lorette tagged me for this Book Meme (Have you seen what this woman did to her hand?! For cryin' in the beers I cringe when I think about it! Fortunately, this post makes me realize that the woman it happened to is pretty freakin' great!) I've been thinking about my answers for weeks. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I've got any together.

Q: You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

This could be really awesome or it could be really horrible. I imagine that the question is asking me where I would want to go - what time, place, and temperament do I want my world to be? I brainstormed a few here: The Great Gatsby, I Capture the Castle, Harry Potter, Franny and Zoey to name a few. The Great Gatsby would be pretty cool. That era is so romantic to me. However, the characters are all jerks. Could I go off on my own once I was in the book? To make a long story short I picked I Capture the Castle. I love the era, love the characters, love the story, love the feeling it gave me. I imagine I would love to be "in it".

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I don't think so. If I have, it's been on a female character. I admire and love strong female characters who are vividly aware of their flaws. Have you read, The Magician’s Assistant? I love the main character.

Q: The last book you bought is: "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. L-O-V-E it. I read Amsterdam a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is way better.

Q: The last book you read: The last book that I finished: The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. Edith Wharton is another one of my favs. I pretty much love all the authors of the time period - Henry James, blah, blah, blah.

Q: What are you currently reading? Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, Cloud Atlas by , and Atonement by Ian McEwan. I'm not a "read more than one book at a time" kind of person. However, the bookclubs are getting ahead of me.

Q: Five books you would take to a desert island.

Holy cow this is hard. I don't read books more than once. It doesn't happen. No matter how much I love it...I can't do it. Okay, I take that back. I've read Franny and Zoey a bunch. I love it. So:

1. Franny and Zoey by J.D. Salinger
2. The Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath - this is an amazing book. Simple prose, vivid imagery....
3. ....

Okay...it ends there. I would most likely take five really fat books that would keep me reading for a long time.

Q: Who are you going to pass this stick to (2 persons) and why?
Elisa and Jackie - they were the first bloggers I met and they totally set the stage for excellence. Now - they're not knitting bloggers they're my great friends!!! Mwah!



1 Comments:

Blogger Lorette said...

OOOhh, more books for my "to read" list. I Capture the Castle in particular looks interesting. Cloud Atlas also is now on my list. Thanks!

5/10/2005 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home