Monday, June 20, 2005

"If you do this you'll regret it when your 80"

We're back safe and sound. Our trips to Kentucky are usually quick and this was no exception. We flew back last night rollin' into the airport just before midnight. I was a total zombie today. I managed to accomplish quite a bit on this trip:

a - Finished the first Red Sox and am about half way through the second. Good times.

b - Listened to about four hours of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - love audibles.com - my new favorite site.

c - Eat TWO of the five meals we ate while in the RED state at Steak-n-Shake. I LOOOOOOVE Steak and Shake

d - Bite my tongue on at least six occations. I am officially a proper Southern Woman.

e - Watched four of my six nephews permanently alter their body with tatoos. Rob and I are pretty convinced that, while the boys are well over the age of 18 both in years and attitude, the father of two will hide them from us when we come back into town.

f - Face the life and breath of racism in a small southern town. Man, that shit is complicated but no less wrong. It's about as wrong as it is complicated.

g - Manage to love and learn more about my "new" family. They are so different from me on so many levels but I am constantly amazed by their loyalty, love, and kindness.

Okay - Life lessons with Wendy is over.

Movie Quotes tommorrow...

ps - I'm wayyyy behind on emails. The love is flowing - just not over the e-wires.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I'm very glad I get to hear all about your weekend in person. I can't wait!

6/21/2005 6:43 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Glad you had a great trip! Now I want to try audible too!

6/21/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

One of the only reasons I'm sad my best friend moved from Kentucky is I miss eating at Steak-n-Shake. mmmmmmmm

6/21/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i want to hear about the steak n shake

6/21/2005 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't New England be better if we had Steak 'N Shakes? I could go for a plate fo their fries right now!

6/21/2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm dying to know what the jicima a Steak-n-Shake is. Besides the obvious place to get a steak. Or a shake.

6/23/2005 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Vacation Vicky said...

Nice post thanks for sharing

11/22/2021 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home