Monday, October 17, 2005

I hear you have a seven year wait for your wood.

My body is back from Rhinebeck. But my mind? Has anyone seen it? I seem to have LOST IT!

The weekend was fabulous.

Really.

For so many reasons, most of which transcend the blog world. I met so many lovely people, many without blogs, some with blogs that I've never read, others who I have. People were so friendly. Friendly, hugging, hilarious and ENABLING knitters. That's what happened there. ENABLING.

People who loved their craft so much so that they would utter ridiculous things like, "I was told I had to touch your wood" to a certain wheel maker.

People who uttered an evil cackle with a glint in their eye when you said, "I don't think I want to spin, but I have to admit seeing the sheep and the fiber and the finished product all in one place is a bit inspiring."

People who pick you out of the crowd and tell you how much they love what you write and enjoy your blog. Wow. That is a strange and wonderful feeling.


It was hard to place names and faces and web addresses. I'm looking at bloglines today thinking - oh, that's who that was!

However, I really didn't feel like that was the point or the focus...it truly, for me, was about meeting people (not bloggers, real life people who happen to be bloggers or happen to not blog) and supporting smaller vendors who peddle their wares for the love.

Really, it was about the love.

Sigh.

Feel the cheese running down your monitor?

18 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I am so bummed I didn't get to go. I had to work at the store all weekend.. but, I guess there is always next year :) Glad you had such a wonderful time!

10/17/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I feel the cheese and the love. Great post.

10/17/2005 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful time!

10/17/2005 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time revelling in all the knit and wool love - can't wait to hear the stories. Also, I'm so glad we were able to catch up last week, it was great seeing you :)

Jackie

10/17/2005 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??

10/17/2005 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE! You stole my entry title!!!!!!!!!!!

You only get to use it if you SAID it honey pie.

I'm saying this to you, but don't tell anyone I said it. You might have been my favorite part of the weekend.

I love you, man. I truly love you. Sniff. Sniff.

10/17/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I do *so* love cheese....

I'm happy to finally have met you. Maybe you'll just have to make it to Maryland....

;-)

10/17/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger wrtrmaus said...

It was great to meet you in person, I'm so glad I walked up and picked you out of the crowd.

Faith

10/17/2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Awesome to meet you. Come down and visit sometime!

10/17/2005 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blast too. I'm doing the same thing, just now putting together faces with names and blogs. I can't belive how many people I met! Great to see you always. It's nice that we can get together more than once a year, let's do that sometime soon!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

10/17/2005 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the morning
In the evening:
Ain't we got fun?

A Blast to see you. Again soon, I hope.
Julia FC

10/17/2005 8:42 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Cripes. Ann is on to me. Cheese IS the fat person's candy. (Reese's cups come in a close second.) Glad you had a great time... and din't drown. I hope you'll be posting pictures.

10/17/2005 9:21 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

One more thing.. "Ann" whoever you are, please contact me, I'd like to quote you on cheese and fat people's candy... Thanks.

10/17/2005 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you, however briefly, at the hotel on Saturday! Hooray for Rhinebeck!

10/17/2005 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your summary. Perfectly phrased. What a great fiberfestival it was!

10/18/2005 7:00 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

There are hardly words... It was just so great to meet you! I think I'm still on overload!

10/18/2005 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. The shopping was fun, the fiber was great, but the contact high from spending even just moments in passing with far away friends, and sympathetic strangers, and the sudden recognition of being among your own kind...it was good, very, very good.

10/18/2005 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, such a sweet sentiment. It is all about th elove and that's great that you had such a great time meeting everyone. Maybe one day I'll make it to Rhinebeck. But now, we wanna see some pics!

10/18/2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home