Thursday, October 06, 2005

If obsessiveness were money, Bookish Girl'd be Bill Gates

I've started Book Five
(line of the day: "If breasts were money, Connie'd be Bill Gates.")

The punctuation is all Janet's.


I have a problem.

The
Human Stain, Yellow Jack, The Confederacy of Dunces, Shop Girl, and Devil in the White City have all been left to languish on my night stand. It's not that I don't love you dear books, it's just that I have a SERIOUS addiction here. And the knitting? Well, we won't even discuss that.

SERIOUS

Have I mentioned my obsession with Su Doku?

The biggest news of the week - I am officially going to the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival aka. Rhinebeck. My First sheep festival. My First Road Trip with Elisa (dude, Elisa, I am so downloading the audio version of Book Seven for our trip. And yes, I will be up to that point by then (thanks for the tip Heide.) And My First time meeting all kinds of people including, these fools. I am so going to get Vicki drunk while we're there. ;)

Who else will I meet?

BRING ON THE SHARPIES!


14 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I hope I will meet you there. Confederacy of Dunces is so good.

10/06/2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Rhinebeck! Hope to see you there.

10/06/2005 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents can't get enough of her books. Maybe I should pick one up myself....

10/06/2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

So so so love Sudoku- my fave day is now Friday (ok, it was for a long time) because there are 2 of them in our paper. Yay.

Have so much fun at Rhinebeck! Hug lots of people for me!

10/06/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I'm also obsessed with Sudoku. If you are interested, I have a Samurai Sudoku .pdf that a friend sent from her Australian newspaper. It's made up of 5 overlapping Sudoku puzzles! Woo hoo!

10/06/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

my son is a sudoku lover too - holy buckets can that suck him in, almost as strong as play station and gameboy.

10/06/2005 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. I'm sharing my freakin' BED with you and I don't even rate a Rhinebeck shout out?! I see where I rate. ;-)

Just for that I'm putting your name in my side bar. Elisa's too. You deserve it my lovely.

10/06/2005 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I not suprised at all about the soduko? :) Eric's been psycho about them lately too.

Have a great time at Rhinebeck!! You ladies better bring home some good haul (and some good stories ;)

Jackie

10/06/2005 3:49 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Okay, that's cool what Kellee said about the redheaded sheep. I have a fondness for redheadedness.

I'm a cheap date, hon. And you know, the only reason I blogged drunk is because I wished I could belly up to the bar with y'all, 'cuz you've just got to be a barrel of laughs. Woo, now I will be for real. ; )

10/07/2005 10:52 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I dont want to make things worse, but do you know about http://websudoku.com./ - I advise that you don't even stop by to check it out!

10/07/2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

have fun without me. if you must.

10/08/2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Have a great time at Rhinebeck! I hope they do an airshow, too.
I think it is Cashmere weekend at the State Fair.

10/12/2005 3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you'll see me! I can't wait for Saturday!

10/13/2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Late comment on this post, but had to comment on Plum novels. A co-worker gave me the first one to read. I read one a day for the next 10 days. I love them. They're so much fun. You should also check out the Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson if you haven't. They are just as fun.

10/23/2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home