Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Frustration with and Joy to -Pink.-

I was at the junk store the other night and found this pretty pink pig.





Meet Oinky. With all of your cheers echoing in my ear I thought that she would be the perfect companion to my yarn saving budget. See, Oinky is a piggy bank - buying into all kinds of stereotypes. A pig, a bank. Go figure.

The savings is slow going with just my measly contribution. Oinky somehow sensed this and was gracious enough to agree to a placard for her delicate back.

(We're totally not against whoring out the pig in the name of yarn)





Let's not forget the other side...



Now who in their right mind could resist a plea like that? The cats and dogs have all been given pep talks. I expect that Oinky's large pink body will be filled in no time!

11 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

Good luck to the Piggy in his yarn whoring endeavors. Please let us know if his pleas garner a strong response so that we may go find Piggies of our own to whore out. :) Seriously.

8/10/2005 8:16 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Please tell us that Oinky won't have to be smashed to retrieve the $$.

;-)

8/10/2005 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I send my change?

8/10/2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

If you go to a stitch n bitch or a yarn store, take it with you. Everyone will understand and donate lots.
I just went to that school picture site from your side bar. I thought my picture looked really good...considering.
:)

8/10/2005 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.....the beggars with the signs always get me......

Somehow I feel that the whoring of this pig is MY fault. xoxo Kay

8/10/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

So many laughs...

My little sister started a 'baby bank' for my husband and I. Everytime she comes over she puts quarters in it because she wants us to have a baby. I think I would prefer a yarn pig personally.

8/10/2005 12:09 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

That really does give new meaning to the term "yarn pig". If that works, I'm so getting one. Maybe I could find one in the shape of a sheep and put it in the entrance. With all the wine I feed my neighbors, they could help out a little around here.

8/10/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Oh, I love Oinky! I would give him all my change! Who could resist??!?!

8/11/2005 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what claudia said.

;)

8/11/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

You've been tagged! Just use this link and you'll know what to do!
:)

8/11/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger jen said...

What a cutie! And thanks for the note about your friend Julie -- we're just back from Mass. ourselves, but I'll have to invite Julie over the next time we get together here. :) How does she like Louisville? Take care! Jenifer http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

8/12/2005 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home