Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blahs

I'm stuck in a bit of a blah mode. Rob and I pretended we were young and hip last night. We drove down to Providence to see a former bandmate of Rob's. Picture this - hip, happening, white man and woman in an old Saturn driving up and down this residential street in a "marginal" neighborhood wondering out-loud, where the hell is this place? As it turns out, the venue was an old warehouse that was once involved in a major marijuana growing operation (this I just found out when I googled it.) An old warehouse with lots of crusty old couches, a variety of scenesters and our friend Pete. I wish we had the camera.

It was actually a lot of fun. A bit outside of our usual night of sitting on the couch with our dinner and Tivo. We heard some great live music and some not so great live music. Mostly, we got to connect with a friend from our days back in Athens. That was really the best part.

The second best part. Driving home in the wickedest (is this a word?) storm ever. Lightening that could kill you with its brightness. It was rad.

Not so rad - home at 1:30 am, up at 7:00 am. I am tired today.

And this afternoon, I'm arguing with Anne about toilet paper and we somehow lead into saltpeter. Which, apparently can be used, along with the first urine of the day, to protect your home, or your floors, or something.

And for a second I think, hey, maybe we should try that.

Word. I need to go to sleep.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out for that Ann - she's a chunkilicious one - guaranteed to suck you in with her hot yoga bloggin'.

I LOVE watching the storms roll through. Love it.

Sorry your blah. I'm blah too. Let's be blah together.

8/02/2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

hmmm i'd be concerned about the urine's effect on the hard wood floors. and of course the smell. it was good to see you last night. i hope you get out of the blahs.

8/03/2005 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann and Katy are having this disagreement all over the blogs! Aren't they the pair! LOL

We had a wicked storm last night, too! It's exciting to watch.

8/03/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

Yes since Wicked is one of my favorite words, I do believe Wickedest is most likely a word.
:)

8/03/2005 5:12 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

There'd probably be lots besides just evil kept at bay if the floors were washed with my own pee everyday! Hoooweee.

8/04/2005 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home