Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's a Boy!

I have to say that Baby Neala has some stiff competition for the cutest baby alive.

Welcome Noah Michael to the world.



Born: July 3rd, 8:30 pm; 8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches

The full head of hair kills me.

In honor of Rob and our neighbor Guillaume's birthdays we had a BBQ this past wekend. The byline for the party was: "Doing our best to improve Franco-American relations." Guillaume is french and Rob is Kentuckian.

Jeannette, Guillaume's wife, put together the evites. They began with this quote:


"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from the peacekeepers in going to be an assignment." President Bush at his ranch in Crawford Texas on January 12, 2001

Well, I must say we did our best to keep the peace here - Drink, Drink, Eat, Eat. We sang happy birthday in three languages and the yard echoed with many more. We had a fabulous time.



My girl Neala likes to party all the time.


To my point - Jess (Baby Noah's mom) came by the party with her husband Alan. Alan is one of Rob's boyfriends (yes! he has more than one, really two - Elisa's man is his other.) As it turns out Jess was in labor! Albeit early labor, but labor all the same. Mr Noah came into the world a mere 22 hours later. Poor Jess.

Noah is, of course, greeted by a hand knit sweater.




The pattern is Blue Sky Alpaca’s Three Piece Baby Set. I used the called for yarn, Blue Sky Organic Cotton. I really liked the yarn, although it did shed a bit. The pattern was easy-peasy. Notice how small the arm opening is? Not happy with that. Means I'm going to have to RIP out what I seamed and reknit.

Notice a theme here at The Bookish Girl?!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay to Alan and Jess! Now Rob will have 3 boyfriends!

7/06/2005 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! We are doing a little impromptu knitalong! Good luck with the re-seaming. I'm off to finish and check my first sleeve now.

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

7/06/2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger Carolyn B. said...

Aw, I just finished smiling at an earlier Neala picture (I'm new to reading your blog) and now I see there's another beautiful baby around to pose in your handknit sweaters. ;o) Thank goodness digital cameras have lots of memory!

Loved the texture of the baby sweater you knit for the new arrival, too.

7/06/2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

What gorgeous babies - I don't know how you keep yourself from eating them up! Love the sweater, of course.

7/07/2005 8:42 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Congrats to Alan and Jess! I love that sweater... The baby is just beautiful :)

7/07/2005 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby is some fine work. Welcome Dude. Enjoy your stay.

"keeping the peace from the peacekeepers"?
As a nation of peacekeepers, I have to say that I'm a little confused about what Mr. President exactly would like from us.

7/08/2005 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home