Thursday, June 30, 2005

Where on God's Green Earth...

have you all been hiding?! Do you come here all the time and I just don't know it? Or did you just stumble upon me and think, "hey, I'm up for some bloggy love with the possibility of fabulous prizes." Cause I'm feeling the bloggy love. In fact, some would say I've been bowled over by it. Unfortunately I don't have the means to figure out who some of you are (as in, if you have a blog or if you are one of the "normal" people who keeps their hobbies and life off the Internet.) For those of you who have public profiles on Blogger I've had a fabulous time finding you. For those of you who don't - well leave your website or, if you're without, your dilly-o (that means deal, as in who and what you are - that's what the kids in the neighborhood, oh I mean 'hood, tell me.)

Thank you for taking the time to vote, and really, for letting me know you're out there.

While I bask in the light that is blog love I would like to entertain you with one of my new favorite pastimes.

Turn A Superstar into a Fool




This is Angela Jolie. She has been designated as one of the world's most beautiful/sexy women. I would have to concur. As Melanie said the other day, "I would totally switch sides for her." She is a bit strange but she is one fabulously beautiful woman. Yo.

We recently got Tivo. I love to record programs, watch them, and then pause in places where people are making funny/unattractive/goofy faces. The amusement is never ending. Take for instance, Angelina. She was recently on Inside the Actor's Studio looking fabulous.

Not anymore....



See, even beautiful people look crappy sometimes.


ps - If that isn't entertaining enough, go check out Kellee's shoes. Oh yah. The revolution starts now. I encourage you all to come clean about the ugly shoes in your closet. Even the ugly ducklings need a little love. And with hand knit socks in them, how could they not feel it?


AND

Please go see Ms Sultry....she needs all kinds of bloggy love. For real.

17 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Hey Bookish Girl, I actually just turned up here the other day for the first time (slow day at work) and decided to give my two cents right then and there. There are just too many great blogs out there--it's too hard to keep up with them all! I love the turn a superstar into a fool game. Keep em coming!

6/30/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't TiVo awesome?! I recorded that one too, and watched it the day after it was on (even the boyfriend sat in, surprise, surprise). She's simply gorgeous, except when you catch her mid-sentence, apparently...lol.

6/30/2005 10:47 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I've been blogstalking you for awhile now, but rarely comment. Nothing personal, I just stalk people and only comment when the mood strikes me (or I'm asked to comment).

I'm with Melanie: I would switch teams for Angelina. I'd also switch for Ashley Judd.

7/01/2005 12:24 AM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, Thanks so much. I don't think I need to switch sides to admire women. I've been enjoying the Wimbledon ladies... except for the steroidal ones.

7/01/2005 3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelina doesn't do it for me AT ALL. I can't get past the idea that Billy Bob's been there. I mean really - they shared blood. EWWW! (And, well, if she is pregnant with Brad's baby, well, that's just WRONG!!!!)

So now that your so super popular, are you going to forget the little people who new you when?!?

Oh and I agree with the sequin star thing on option C - superfantastic if you ask me. GO KNIT IT NOW!

7/01/2005 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm Angelina. If I wasn't leaving town on Sunday, I'd ask you to save that episode and let me come watch it!

7/01/2005 6:29 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm with cara too. her lips are just too friggin' big. and billy bob's been there, and her brother's probably been there, and a bajillion other people have been there....she's certainly beautiful, but i don't find her personality delightful in the least. and for me it is in the end all about personality.

as for the weird face. her weird face is my good face. her weird face is better than 90% of the pictures that were shot at my wedding.

ok. comment is long enough. now that you are a 60+ comment rockstar i'm going to move on. :P

7/01/2005 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Angelina is just a little too, oh, I don't know, CRAZY for me, and I've got enough crazy all by myself, thanks.

7/01/2005 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Darlene, aka MissDarla ( http://www.livejournal.com/users/missdarla/ ) and I visit your blog through Bloglines. I discovered it by clicking on links on other blogs.

I am a new knitter but I've crocheted for about 30 years. I love to see projects that other knitters and crocheters are working on, it inspires me to try new, more difficult things.

That said, I think that I would vote C, B then H for your logo. Choice A looks more like it says Boo Kish (but I'm sure you could adjust the spacing).

I'm thinking TiVo is sounding like something that I'd like, since I miss interesting shows all the time. Can't wait to see your T-Shirt!

7/01/2005 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo bookish girl!

I'm almost always here, but I almost never leave comment because I have little confidence in my written English.

Bettina from Germany

http://bettina.blogger.de

7/01/2005 8:44 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I second Kathy's comment, Ashely Judd is more my type if that was my thing. But I think I would definitely have to go with Brad Pitt...I challenge you to make him look a fool! Too bad I was previously in love with Tom Cruise, who has succeeded in becoming foolish all on his own...

7/01/2005 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need tivo but I'd pass on Angelina. Have a super, duper 4th!

7/01/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

I have been reading you for awhile. When I started, I don't think I had my blog yet. When I have the time, you are a daily stop. If not, I read at least every other.
As far as Angelina goes. I had a thing for her, a really bad one. Hubby likes it that I did/do, you know the whole manly dream of watching two women. I watched that show, and even if she did look dumb, it wouldn't matter. She just has that presence.
But that's enough of that. Glad I could spread some love. As long as you write, I will be here to read!
:)

7/01/2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Ms. Wendolene- I call the phenomenon to which you refer 'TiVo face'. It's rare to find someone who consistently gives good TF, but there are a couple- Julian McMahon to name one off the top of my head. :)

7/02/2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Angelina Jolie is HOT! It's great to see that she's human as well, though. :)

Come visit me at www.yarnyoga.com !

7/02/2005 9:39 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

You've got a great blog! And, thanks for that stellar picture of Jolie... it makes us all human now doesn't it!?!

7/04/2005 6:25 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Angelina is super-fab. I honestly felt pretty much ambivalent until I saw Mr. And Mrs. Smith, and that's when it really clicked for me. Brad and Angelina. Oooh la la. They are both very delicious.

I love the funny pause-faces too! Whenever I pause General Hospital (my oh-so-guilty pleasure!) people make the most hilarious faces. It still cracks me up every time.

7/04/2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home