Sunday, July 10, 2005

Buttons, boootooons, BUTTons.

Knitting Wendys - here is a proto type for a button for the ring. What do you think - yah or ney. Obviously, if we choose it - I'll shrink it up a bit. ;)




In other news....

Husband and I are taking a whole week off of work to make the following trip to Boulder, CO. We'll be doing it by plane.

We're going to spend time with these fools...



My best friend and her husband. Juli and I have known each other since we were 12, about 17 years. Chad and I have known each other since he met Juli. We are ALL convinced that Chad and I were meant to be married and Juli and Rob were meant to be married. This is due to the fact that Chad and I are exactly the same person. And vice-versa. Except Chad doesn't knit and Juli can't sing. Those are the only differences. I suppose I should thank Juli for kindly preparing me for a life with my mate. Thanks Jam!

We will spend a week here. This is your opportunity to voice interesting/compelling places to visit while there. Rob has never been, I have a bunch of times. I truly can't wait to see his face when we get up to Estes Park. It's going to be great. We are going to go camping (where we will poop in a hole), we are going to meet up with some great friends from high school (one of which is a heavily tattooed tattoo artist who I adore and haven't seen in YEARS), and we will hit all of the fun Boudler/Denver places. We are going to celebrate our first anniversary!!


Most importantly, I get to meet the Mile High Knitters and this young lady...



Yes I stole this from her site and yes I saved it on my own server. Yo! I bet she loves me for it. *grin*

I just spend about 8 hours looking through our digital pictures trying to find proof that Cathi and I will get along - just- fine. I have about 8,000 photos of me doing the same pose. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're my parents) they were taken in the age before digital cameras. However, I feel as though another isn't too far off into my future. Because really, what girl can resist grabbing her boobs and sending a kiss off to the world?

Now everyone reassure Cathi that I am completely normal while I go and sharpen my Sharpies.

20 Comments:

Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Happy Happy Happy trip and adventure. And wonderful anniversary time. I haven't been to CO, but the people I know (especially Ms. Atypical) things Estes Park is cool... and wherever they supposedly filmed the Stephen King movie... (mind is blank, don't remember which title...)

PS: I'm starting the chemo on Friday. SO relieved to have made up my mind.

7/12/2005 12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the button, but i'm not sure about the text. it seems like it would be difficult to read if the button were shrunk to a reasonable size. if you like the feel of a script font, here's an awesome script font visual reference for things that are going to be used with a smaller point size:

memorable font guide - script

also, thanks for making a knitting wendy's button to begin with!

7/12/2005 7:40 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Does it get any better than pooping in a hole? You do all the fun stuff. Have a great time!

7/12/2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Sounds like fun - have a wonderful trip! I bet you'll bring home all sorts of finished secret knitting things to share.....

7/12/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Love the button - thanks for taking the time to make one!

And, I love CO. Love love love it. But apparently they don't want all the Texans moving there. Who does, really...? Enjoy Estes Park!

7/12/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I've only been to CO once, to Colorado Springs area, but it was very purty. I'm sure you will have a swell time! We'll be waiting for the full report.

Heidi

7/12/2005 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a damn good time!!

7/12/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

I love the button! Have a great time :)

7/12/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

have a wonderful time -- and tell cathi i said hi!!! talk her into coming to boston.

7/12/2005 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a helluva good time, bookish chickie!

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

7/12/2005 8:40 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Oh and I forgot to mention that is where I am from! Have a great trip, I miss home :-(

7/13/2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I love how you 1) subconsciously thought that I would be angry with you for posting a pic on your blog that I have on my own and 2) feel the need to reassure me that you're normal after posting aforementioned pic.

Silly, silly girl.

7/14/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Hope you have a great time.
:)

7/14/2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Enjoy your vacation!

7/15/2005 2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfectly normal - FOR A CRAZY PERSON!

Have a great time. Save some sharpie ink for me, yo.

7/15/2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger Webbies said...

Have a great trip! Colorado is absolutely amazing. My hubby and I just got back actually about a week ago (a couple of pics are on my blog from Breckenridge). What a drive!! Enjoy driving through my dear 'ol Iowa :-) Let me tell you though, Nebraska is a nightmare drive....bring lots of knitting!

7/17/2005 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment from not-a-Wendy:

Too much space between the two words for my eye. Close that up just a bit.

Regards

7/17/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Wendy -- I live in Louisville (near Boulder) and unfortunately MY mother-in-law is just coming into town from Massachusetts (hello! -- isn't that where you live? Where do you live?) so I won't make it to Cathi's. I'm so sad. You all are going to have so much fun -- the MHC knit group is really great. Anyhow -- go up to Nederland from Boulder! It's kind of wacky, there's an alpaca store that keeps alpacas out front, and it's sorta crazy. Google up "frozen dead guy" for fun. You can go to Estes, then head south to Nederland, and return to Boulder that way. Then, of course the usual Boulder sites, including the yarn store "Shuttles" run by very knowledgeable but somewhat persnickety older women. Have fun while you're out here!! And maybe our paths will cross again another day ...

7/19/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger jen said...

P.S., the Big Sweetie and I got married up in Estes Park, so you can have some sentimental feelings about it when you go there like I do. :) Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com but I'm now moving to http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

7/19/2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Trevor Thompson said...

buttons, boootooons, buttons.

okay, i get the buttons part. what's with the reference to our cartoon studio?

- trevor.

ps: i love your banner.

1/09/2008 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home