Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Note to Self

The Bookish Girl's Christmas list:

A- Confessions of a Knitting Heretic by Annie Modesitt. This book has been recommended to me many a time. I still haven't finished reading (whatever knitting book that I'm currently reading and can't remember the name of), I think this would be a great followup.

B- Nancie Wiseman's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman. I recently got this out of the library and have been paying over-due fines ever since. I can't let it go. It's a fab book.

C- Emergency Preparedness Starter Kit (via MightyGoods). The number and severity of natural disasters in the past few years has made me a bit more aware of how un-mobile we are at this point in our lives. Time to change that a bit.

D- The "New Yoga" Bag (or mug - when it comes out). The cartoon is by Knit Blogger Franklin who crack my shit up.

E- Cloth napkins, same as those made by MOM circa 1999 with fabric from Repot Depot.


Christmas is a HUGE deal in my family. My parents love the holiday and spoil us all endlessly. We (my siblings and husband) have tried to tell them that the degree to which they shower us with good cheer is totally unneccessary and that we'd be just as happy without. This is where my Mom got violent on us the first time. Under no circumstances were you going to tell THIS WOMAN that she CAN'T shower her children with gifts and good cheer. And DAMN us for even suggesting it.

So. The Christmas list is asked for early. And we oblige. It's soooo fun!!! ;)





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Repot Depot! Maybe if you produce 12 grandchildren, your mom will slow down?
And, BTW, I can't pronounce the verification word.

10/11/2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I love cloth napkins, but I'm particular about the cloth, so... I sometimes find suitable, old tablecloths at garage sales/antique shops and tear 'em up. Frayed edges are okay! Stains and worn areas are okay (I tear around and discard). This information may be useful to you if you don't get cloth napkins under the tree. ; )

10/11/2005 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE NANCIE WISEMAN! I just re-did my button hole band via Nancie's revised one-row buttonhole and it ROCKS!

I think it's great that your family spoils each other!

10/11/2005 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My "new yoga" t-shirt is winging it's way to me now. It's what I would wear if I were going to Rhinebeck.

10/11/2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh my god, our families are the same. We come from the same family! My mother and step father go completely out of their minds on all of us and they love it. Some years they say they're going to tone it down a bit, and we're all, YEAH... you should really do that! But they don't in the end. Crazy!

Get thee to a bookstore and buy yourself that Nancie Wiseman book. I swear I use mine so much I'm going to start calling it "Blankie".

10/11/2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Yes the Annie Modesitt book is great. It is well worth it.
~
When we get together with the hubby's family, there are mountains of presents under the tree. 7 grandchildren take up most of the room though. But they do get less than they used to. We decided they only needed one big and/or expensive thing and then littler things. Cause they used to have mountains for each child every year. And that was just too much. As for me, I just make sure I have something to give everyone else. And since I make stuff, that's enough to worry about.
:)

10/11/2005 5:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love the New Yoga design! I cracked my dentist up when I told him knitting was the new yoga.

Hey, no props for the Cleveland Browns this year?

10/11/2005 7:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ooooh, I love the New Yoga logo as well, particularly since I do pretzel myself up in actual yoga poses on a regular basis.

10/17/2005 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home