Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm Alive!!!

So this is what I have to show for four hours of work:

The Bookish T - part deux.


I charted the existing t design. Ripped and reknit 2 ROWS!! Only two freaking ass rows.

Friggin Freakin Friggin

You can see why spending that time READING A BOOK is wayyyy more enjoyable.

PS - I just looked out the window and saw two people hugging and hugging and hugging. It made my heart smile, one of those - I'm Alive! - moments.

Have you ever had one of those?

The first time I recognized that feeling for what is was - something noteworthy and important I was living in Georgia. I was with a friend of mine driving through the edge of town. While sitting at a stop light we noticed a man in a business suit balancing his way down the rail of the train track, slowly picking up his left foot, struggling to stay on the rail. He was Alive, Living life for that minute. You had to be blind not to see it. Since then, I've always tried to make a mental note. It's easy to see it in kids...adults...well, they hide from joy too often.



So, on second thought, maybe I'm not so pissed about my "lost" evening. If it hadn't rolled that way I would have missed the hugging.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

That is one of the big reasons that I completely enjoy working with children! The are so completely alive. It sounds like an evening well spent to me :)

10/06/2005 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicki brings up children and I have to agree. My son is at a great age (every age so far has been a great age) and watching him take things in and figure things out makes *me* feel ((((alive)))).

10/06/2005 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those 'alive' moments - i remember once i was riding a bus and just staring out the window and i saw this man standing on his balcony, opening a cage, and releasing all these pigeons. the smile on his face was so sweet, just made me want to squeal in a very happy way.

;)

10/07/2005 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I hope my kids' photography captures. That moment. And when the parents look at the pictures I want them to see their child - not what they looked like that day - but really SEE their child, the way they see them every day.

Good luck with the intarsia. Uck.

10/07/2005 6:36 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Love this post, Wendy!

And I think of these moments as those times where somehow we're happy with the imperfections of life - which you captured here so well in realizing that a frustrating night is still frustrating, yet holds value if you are willing to look for it and find it.

10/07/2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

I love the Evanovich books...they are a fluffy, guilty reading pleasure!
Oh no. Su doku. Never heard of it before, can see how it could take away your will to do anything else.

10/07/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

beautiful post - thanks for sharing this!

10/07/2005 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very smart woman.

10/07/2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love those 'alive' moments! I live on the plains and it's often windy. On those windy days, I like to go outside, face the wind, spread my arms and throw my head back. Just the feel of the wind through my hair makes me feel so alive. I love it!

10/07/2005 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home