Monday, April 17, 2006

Chunky Tut Part Deux

I am so glad you all love Juli as much as I do. And for all of you who are scared to go back to projects after hating them... just do it. It takes one itty bitty step after another to reach the finish.

Anywhooo...
Here we are day 2 of the week and another finished object to show you.

Remember this hat?

Well, I decided to make one for my sister for Christmas. Problem is, I decided this about a week before Christmas.

Here I am knitting away on Christmas Eve at my parent's house. I'm wearing the hat that I knit first for myself, no pattern just made it up, and am knitting the one for Margaret. How meta.



She was sitting next to me as I knit. When I finished she said, "Oh, that's cute, who is it for?" I said "you, here ya go!"

Great sister, huh?


Same yarn, same pattern...she has the EXACT same size head as I do, which is somewhere around huge and ginormous. This realization led to a frantic measuring of all the heads in my family. Cousins, uncles, aunts. We all have freakishly big heads.

All the better to out thunk you my friend.




10 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Hilarious story, sweetie sister! Love the hat. Chunky hat love! ;)

4/17/2006 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should rename your blog cute overload. ;-) LOVE YOU!

4/17/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cute hat! Cute sister! I notice no freakishness re: head size.

4/17/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

So that explains why you're so smart!

4/17/2006 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you guys are both super cute! Nice hats, too.

4/17/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Very sweet- and you do know that having a big head makes you more suited for infamy, right? Because all of those movie/tv/theater people have huge heads, supposedly.

4/17/2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

Little late, but I love the sitcom chic - looks great on both of you! And the hat - wonderful - you're heads look quite normal to me!

4/18/2006 5:29 AM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Love the big heads and the Juli sweater. When are you going to give us impressions of Jury Duty? And the K.N.I.T. squares are awesome. I did ceramic house numbers years ago, but had to leave them there because you just don't have the address "14621" more than once in your life!! They were there for years after I left... until they turned the apartments into condos and repainted the fence..... Then they were gone.

4/18/2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Your sister is almost as cute as you are. Thank god, because otherwise the world's cuteness index would be totally exceeded.

4/18/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I also have a freakishly large head. It's only hidden by the fact that I have freakishly large hair. It works.

4/18/2006 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home