Monday, July 24, 2006

Hell hath frozen over

Thank you LauraA for the keen editing eye. Yes, it is the Andy Griffith Show and NOT Andy Griffin. My "lack of proof-reading" error. However, Maryse, you are a big turd for making fun of me when you're Ms. "I'm french and drop letters at the ends of words just to confuse people who try to speak my language." Bo-ho-ho.


Jenn has pinky double dog dare promised that she did not cheat. So, she will be the recipient of the pooping sheep. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I figured you would all see the prize and claim that you had cheated until the cows came home just to get out of receiving it. I am beyond thrilled that you, my readers, have my wasted sense of humor. I will likely end up at the craft store sometime soon and will try to seek out the pooper for KarenK who will be disappointed at Jenn's stand up non-cheating self.

On to the real news of the day.

You feel that?

That cold breeze?

Ohh, is it, perhaps, freezing?





I. am. knitting. lace.

Crazy.

I picked this yarn up at last year's New York Sheep and Wool Festival. I needed something to occupy my mind and hands. I figured, eh? What the hell. If ANYTHING is going to keep my mind busy it's going to be lace. It sure ain't reading, or staring, or tv watching, or showering, or sleeping, or... well, you get the drift.

The pattern is the Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits. So far so good. Armed with my trusty dental floss (for use as a lifeline) I have completed two repeats only 8 million more.

Watch out for flying pigs.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that shawl is GORGEOUS. i am a lacetard, (that is, i cannot knit lace,) and i am insanely jealous.

7/25/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I am knitting lace, too, and am loving it. The FB shawl is on my list...

Love your colorway!

7/25/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

*snort* or should i say *snor*

i'm a lace-tard too so i'm very impressed.

7/25/2006 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to me like Future Man is actually the one knitting it. Or is he just helping with the yarn overs?

7/25/2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hurray! See, of course you can knit lace--even after all those months of telling us you couldn't....

Just wait till you block it; you'll be addicted.

7/25/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

So beautiful!

7/25/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

What Laura said. I enjoyed knitting my very first lace shawl, and all, but the magic that occurred when I blocked it?? Wow. Now I only wish I knit lace faster so that I could have that "fix" more often. It's wonderful!

Yours is looking great!

7/25/2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed. I'm doing my first...LeafLace...at a snail's pace. One. Row. At. A. Time. Life. LineS.

7/25/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger ~Jody said...

Way to go! Love the color!! Be careful it's addictive! I've got 3 lace shawls on the needles & haven't finished one yet, just keep starting them.

7/26/2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish you had started it last week, it was hot as hell...

I just finished FBS, it's a nice knit. Have fun!

7/26/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Darcy said...

You go girl. Embrace the new and different.

7/26/2006 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is looking good! I am digging the color.

7/26/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I am extremely proud of you for doing this. The FBS is a great first lace pattern.

7/26/2006 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home