Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I'm in a Hotel and I have Wireless

I'm filled with big plans. Update the blog (lots of posts in my head.) Update the sidebar. Create a finished objects page. etc etc etc. Family, what family? Didn't we drive 13.5 hours just to lie around in a hotel?!

I have permanent underwear creases on my ass from sitting for so long. The trip was scheduled to take 11.5 hours, which sucks on anyone's watch. Traffic in every city between Bowling Green, KY and Rochester, NY brought us closer to 13.5. Thank goodness the dogs are at my parent's house. They most certainly would have eaten us before reaching our destination. My conclusion, anywhere south of Cleveland, no idea what to do with snow. Huh, plow shoulders, what for? God forbid someone NEED TO DRIVE IN ONE TO ESCAPE CRAZY TRUCK DRIVERS.

My favorite thing about our most recent trip to KY (my hubby's birthing ground)? He can be the translator for a few days and I don't ever have to even talk in public.




1 Comments:

Blogger melanie said...

Oh dear. I *so* know where you're coming from. I remember going back home after some time in the north and being amazed at how debilitated southerners are at the first sight of snow. Not only have they no tools, but they all panic and the whole city gridlocks before snow even touches the ground.

I am sure you have your knitting with you. It is truly the best hobby around, no? It has changed my life (the hours of silent awkwardness spent at in-laws' for instance).

12/28/2004 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home