Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Picture Pages, Picture Pages

For all of you who were wondering, the "I will hug him and pet him and call him George!" line (which is the real line, not the one I quoted) is from Bugs Bunny.

KLV named it first and kudos to her. I had a hunch that the character in this cartoon was modeled after the character George in The Grapes of Wrath (*wrong title, thanks Harry, not sure where my head was*) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Once again, KLV brought the internet to her and found out, indeed my hunch was right (go to the FAQ). Literature touches so many aspects of our lives, even if we don't recognize it.

****


Despite my best efforts I have been making considerable progress on the Christmas List. In fact, I would venture to say that *gasp* I'm almost done. Almost done with the knittable gifts, we have yet to tackle the other portion of the family tree. All in good time.

Picture Pages, Picture Pages...Time to watch Bill Cosby do a picture page with you...

Ahh, I have fulfilled my required task of the week, the song is now stuck in your head. Insert evil grin here.

This is a portion of the blocking that happened last weekend. The whole house was covered. I have to admit that I really enjoyed this. As well as all of the weaving in of ends/seaming etc. I found it to be as satisfying as knitting the pieces. Am I a crazy person?


Here are the scarves folded and ready to go. The top is for my friend Laurelyn, the middle my Gma and the bottom is my mom's:


I decided to knit up some wrist warmers for my brother. I had some Big Kureyon in my stash (which is rather small.) I swatched up and adapted the Voodoo Wrist Warmers from Knitty. I love knitting with this yarn. My first time (a Noro virgin, ohh!) and I have seen the light. I could never understand what all the hub-bub was about. It is pretty amazing to watch the colors come through with the subtle changes and the texture of the yarn...it's way fun. However, the Big Kureyon is a bit think-n-thin - something I wasn't expecting.


Did you notice the sunlight in this picture?! I actually saw sunlight this morning. It's freakin cold out - but the sun is shining and I am seeing it! I'm trying to ignore the fact that the reason why I'm seeing the sun is because our car is dead AGAIN and I'm waiting for a tow truck...

I've completed over half of my Dad's scarf. It's taking a loooong time to knit this one up and I've finally memorized the pattern repeats. What can I say, I'm a little dense. This picture is super dark, but it's the only way to see the texture of the cables. My gauge has loosened up quite a bit, so it's going a lot faster.



I leave you with this cutest picture ever. Gabby has adopted Elisa and Mike as her new favorite people. She just got up and posed for this perfect pic...



2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

George? "Of Mice and Men", and not "Grapes of..."?

12/15/2004 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the Picture Pages song in my head all afternoon :-). Those scarves look great; hope the car is all better.

Colleen
subwayknitter.typepad.com

12/15/2004 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home