Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ba-Ba-Ba-Baaa-Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Baaaaa

It seems that the Daisy Cardi got her man (or woman...I haven't the guts to check the sex of the cargo pants...)


(cue the music for Happy Together by The Turtles)

Imagine me


and you,


I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight


So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you


For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be


The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you


For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life


Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together


So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We're happy together
So happy together
Happy together
So happy together
So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)



*****


Cargo Pants:

Pattern: Cargo Pants from Knitty by Brynne Sutton

Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton

Mods to pattern: None. Although if I knit these again I would pick up stitches for the pocket rather than knit it separately. I would also make it a functioning pocket. Non-functioning pockets remind me of dickie's and well, that is NEVER a good thing.

36 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

yay! first commenter!

i love the outfit. and the pictures of the little lambs. and the song.

4/27/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I thought I had seen the Epitome of Cuteness ... and then the lamby pictures came along. Sooooo sweet, all of it.

4/27/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

That outfit is so cute that its hurting me.

4/27/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

What a great outfit! And the song fits perfectly.

4/27/2006 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet (and yes, happy) together!

As for dickies, at least we did not live in times of hard plastic ones, as noted on Wikipedia...

4/27/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Shar said...

So,So cute. Unfortunately I don't have any lil ones to knit for.

4/27/2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awwwww.... Cute Overload?

4/27/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh my god. So cute. Love how the buttons coordinate the outfit... it's all in the details. Too sweet!! :)

4/28/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Adorable and perfect music ;)

4/28/2006 4:21 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Oh, cute cute cute! You did a great job, what an adorable outfit! For some reason those patterns didn't do much for til I saw your post. Now I want to do them too! I'm going to try that new Knitpicks Shine Worsted, I think. Wish me luck!

4/28/2006 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Claudia. Too freaking cute for humans.

4/28/2006 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock! Those are so, so cute!

4/28/2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so cute! The sheep pictures were a nice surprise in the song, had me laughing out loud.

4/28/2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

The sweater and pants look great (and look great together), but I LOVE the little lambs!

4/28/2006 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of evil genius are you, to make the diet coke come out of my nose this fine morning?

I'd like to have been there for the genesis of this inspired musical/knitwear pairing.


Was there liquor involved?

4/28/2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I read through and sang along with the entire song at my desk. You put in the correct number of ba-ba-bas.

Nice touch.

The pants are adorable. what a great outfit!

4/28/2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Irie said...

Hi Wendy! Great outfit, cute lambs! :)

4/28/2006 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee! Between the outfit and the lambs, it's pretty much overwhelming cuteness!

4/28/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Yay, now I have that song in my head! Life could be worse, that's for sure.

4/28/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

Cutest Ever..! Some child is going to be delighted to wear that adorable outfit!

4/28/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

What a beautiful ensemble! I love those pants too. Totally forgot about them. Hmm, maybe something for my nephew!! :-)

4/28/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I giggled all the way through this post. Let's hear it for you, and Daisy, and Cargo, and the Turtles.

4/28/2006 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a friggin' loon, I love it. Too cute.

I also love that the link is lots of "ba"'s.

4/28/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god, i'm going to have that song in my head all day now!! but it's a good song, and it will be accompanied by cute pictures of sheep, so that's okay.

i LOVE the cargo pants and i think my nephew needs a pair right now.

4/28/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I can't decide which is cuter, the outfit or the lambs.

4/28/2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

What a great post, I sang it as I read!! The sheep were so cute and the outfit is darling.

4/28/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a laugh, thanks for the post! Now I'll have that song in my mind, which is not a bad thing.

4/28/2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love the button choice!

4/28/2006 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i concur!! SO freaking adorable.... Altho, i am not botherd by non functioning pockets on baby clothes. I always wondered what exactly my kids were supposed to do with pockets, when they couldn't even sit up??

4/28/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger benedetta said...

what a lovely outfit!
i especially like the colors, babies look great in strong colors!

4/28/2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Loveitloveitloveit! The sweater, the pants, the song, the cute little sheep. You made my evening!

4/28/2006 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer killin' me with the ba-bas and the knits. xox Kay

4/28/2006 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and me. we have a connection. an hour or so ago as I was typing up my post, I TOTALLY had that song in my head and was toying with posting the lyrics in some kind of modified way...but ended up not having the brain power to do so. Imagine my surprise when I got to check my bloglines and found you had already done it!! crazy.

love the daisy!

4/29/2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness!! So cute!!! : D

5/01/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked that song. And the accompanying pictorials? Superb. You really know how to push our buttons.

5/01/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

So sweet!

5/02/2006 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home