Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You all are giving the Husband a complex.

I came into the bathroom this morning and he said,

Robby: "Honey, is it okay if husbands comment on the blogs?"

Wendy: "I don't think there is a rule against it if that's what you mean. Why do you ask?"

R: "Because you usually get lots of comments on your posts and no one has commented since I left mine. Maybe I scared them off or something."

W: "Honey, you didn't scare them off. Sometimes people don't have anything to say. That's okay. And I love it when you comment. So, do as you please."

He's a keeper huh?

Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize to absurdity of your life and/or circumstances? Well, maybe absurdity is not an appropriate term. Maybe the strange parallel universeishness. I was talking to a friend on the phone tonight and I said that if I wasn't already married that I would marry my Tivo. Which is a true statement, I love my Tivo. However, at that moment it struck me. Hey, I'm married. Weird. Or, I'm grown up, weird.

***

I caught up with the knit parade. This item was a particularly bad one. I found it trying to seduce some knitted cargo pants to join it in an ensemble.


I'll let you know tomorrow if it was successful in its pursuit.

Check out the cute buttons. I am totally a sucker for buttons. My grandfather used to work in a button factory. Growing up we always had a box of misc buttons to play in. Something must have imprinted somewhere.


The Hammer helped me pick these out - her color advice was dead on.

Pattern: Daisy from Knitty by the Rock Star.

Yarn: Butterfly Super 10 (When I say this in my head it turns into Superfly 10, which is way more fun.) (ps- have you seen this company's sock yarn? the colors! oy!)

Color: No idea...maybe Tiger Lily

I did not modify the pattern. Except of course for the misplaced bottom button hole. But we're ignoring that. Oh yes, we are.

21 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

And ah, who may I ask is that adorable little baby girl sweater FOR? anything you and DH need to tell the rest of us? ;) just kidding!
tell DH that we like when he comments! I hope he wasn't losing any sleep over it.

4/26/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

I love that Butterfly 10! And that is so NOT a misplaced buttonhole. It is a design feature, I'm telling you. Mine came out the same way.

4/27/2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

ha! i love that you call it superfly.

and i'm always surprised when it occurs to me that i'm not the same age as my 18 year old niece. what you mean we can't hang out?

4/27/2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Oooh, that Rob is so scary. (Just kidding. Sorry, Rob.)

Up until about 10 years ago while driving through the next town over, where I grew up, I would see a teenager walking and think "she looks familiar, I wonder if I know her?" and then realize, dope, maybe you know her mom. This was even after I had kids. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

4/27/2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Oh, and totally cute sweater. But you knew that.

4/27/2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Love the color you chose for that sweater! And a button factory? Cool - did you guys ever sing the button factory song?

And, sometimes I still wonder why my brother is taller than me. Uhm, he has been for almost 15 years!

4/27/2006 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Daisy sweater pattern. So cute, so easy, so fast. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that calls it Superfly 10. It's a much better name.

4/27/2006 8:04 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

What? Misplaced buttonhole?

Daisy was the first sweater I ever made as a new knitter. I thought that buttonhole was a design feature, but I wondered about it.

OMG! I gave the sweater to the child of a knitter!!!!

I'm never going to sleep now.

4/27/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! The buttons are perfect.

4/27/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Aw, sweet hubby!!

And that sweater is adorable, and the buttons are PERFECT. They even match the NAME of the sweater, for heaven's sake....

4/27/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What a darling sweater and I love your buttons, too! (yup, I'm just a button-hog) And that DH sounds like a keeper for sure.
(((hugs)))

4/27/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

So cute! I'll have to keep this in mind for when I need a baby gift!!

4/27/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Earin Marybird said...

A (supposedly) slightly off button shows that it was made by a human with love. Not a factory, not as a job. It's perfect. You have a great sense of color along with legible handwriting. : - )

I married for the first time at 52 four years ago today (where does the time go?) and for the first year I crossed out all spousal information on forms. Nope, doesn't apply to me. I still walk around saying with glee "Husband!". It's wonderful.

4/27/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Love the sweater and the color, too! And tell Rob, I always have something to say!

4/27/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that sweater is great - and the buttons totally make it.

You could tell Rob that your blog has been having some bloglines issues this week, which is true. :)

4/27/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

He is definitely a keeper.

4/27/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Super, super cute.

Your grandma must have had one heck of a button box!! I was in absolute heaven when I discovered the drawers to my great grandma's treadle machine were filled with buttons! Lots of misc shirt buttons and whatnot (those were the days when you saved EVERYthing), but also some really great ones.

4/27/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Meh. Misplaced buttonholes are more like an artistic signature, in my opinion...

4/27/2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Dani In NC said...

I don't think, "Oh, I'm married!" Instead I think, "I've been married for almost 17 years!" I used think that people who stayed married for longer than 10 years were gluttons for punishment; I don't know how the time slipped by.

4/30/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I only just saw the Superfly Greek Cottons when I was in Cal-i-forn-i-a at BB's Knit Shop. It was yummy.... and not horrifyingly expensive... though yone would definitely need a yarn winder! (Separates the sheep from the goats, right?) I'm glad you remember "happy together" It was one of my favorites as a gurl. The cargo pants are cute.
Get Wenders to send you the button-factory song. She's got a real talent.

5/01/2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger jessie said...

I had to block my husband from commenting on my blog! He was a troublemaker! Knitting-only commenting doesn't interest him, i guess. I have to figure that one knitter per household is enough, but I still wish he was into it.

5/02/2006 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home