Wednesday, April 19, 2006


It's totally not meant for me to post another Finished Object tonight. Picture issues.

I'll post 2 tomorrow or maybe 3 Friday. I don't know - we're crazy over here at Bookish Girl, flying by the seat of our pants and all...

A few random thangs.

1 - Step Into My Thimble Heidi is running a sweatshop (and birthing babies) over on her blog. She is making the cutest itty bitty baby things. I couldn't resist ordering this bib (picture taken from Heidi's shop and saved on my server.)
I'm trying to figure out where it's going to go....I'm thinking it may just stay with me. You know, for "some day".

In addition to the bib Heidi unexpectedly sent me a book treat. An old used libary book that smelled perfect. Library, old, awesome. Anyway. After I smelled the book I tore in and started reading. I should finish it tonight. A great fast little mystery book, set in a library. Thank you Heidi! The title is Dewey Decimated by Charles A. Goodrum.

2 - I received a knitting catelog in the mail today. On one of the pages was this picture:
Ash by Rowen

Now, I am not one to make fun of others. But, seriously, are you kidding me?! This is High-larious (ps - 4/20 is tomorrow kids, a fabulous commentary on this notorious day is here) There are so many things wrong with this design. In fact, it has become my new threat to the husband. "Do what I ask or I'm going to knit you Ash."

3 - A jury duty post is in the making. It was a long 6 day trial with many interesting aspects. Teaser: Which knit blogger got to hold an automatic 9mm handgun in one hand and a bag of 14.8 grams of crack cocaine in another? Hint: she likes to read.



17 Comments:

Blogger Earin Marybird said...

Have pity on the poor model! He's got to work.

4/19/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, yowza, #3 is quite the teaser there!!

Tragically, that isn't the worst item from that Rowan book, either. Some of them you need a key to figure out what the knitted item is in the picture...

4/19/2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you go for the 9mm or the crack? Crack can make you some bucks. (I'm joking. Sort of.)

4/19/2006 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jury duty sounds like fun. Keep the bib.

4/19/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bib is so cute! I heard that 4/20 story on NPR yesterday afternoon -- of course, I had no idea -- I'm in trouble in a few years with the little ones are teens. Oh -- cannot wait to hear about your time as a juror.

4/20/2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Yeah, but I'm betting that you never held the gun AND the ammo for it at the same time.

;-)

Not that they didn't trust you or anything....

4/20/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Ash is amazing. What were they thinking? Conceptually, I like it, the subtle colors paired with subtle patterns, but the execution, well, wow. And the rest of the getup? Someone please put Rowan in touch with Queer Eye.

Meanwhile, back at the courthouse... do tell.

4/20/2006 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have to use your threat on Jason some day. That is a hideous sweater.

I'm totally impressed that you got to hold all that crack :-) Now I want to be called to jury duty.
Sorry I'll miss you on Friday. Hopefully we can catch up after.

4/20/2006 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the old decayed paper and ink smell of library stacks. Like linen and age.

So much better than crack.

4/20/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's a totally creative threat for the husband! And the jury duty, can't wait to hear the details. The gun thing, okay, I've held and shot my share of guns but the crack is a new one on me. And I'm guessing you're not referring to Kidsilk Haze.

4/20/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I guess jury duty does have some perks after all!

4/20/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

You should definitely keep the bib.. you'll be a pasta makin' mama someday and you'll need it!

love the threat! However my DH is just evil enough to wear a sweater like that and tell everyone I made it for him!!!

4/20/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Is it wrong that I found the 9mm and the crack the coolest thing in this post??

4/20/2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ash. We were looking at that in Grafton and it was one of the "WTF??" items. There were many in that issue.

Yarn is a good enough habit. We don't need cocaine. Or guns. Must have felt very dysphoric.

4/23/2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

Man. 420, a 9mm and crack? That will certainly make all those weird searches come your way.
:)

4/23/2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I think it's contagious. there was a jury summons in my mail upon arriving home from California. Guns, fibers and crack... so cool. I wonder when they'll start knitting on CSI. The bib is darling... I hope it is water repellent... looks as though it might be. Thanks for the update on crafty kitch book's imminent arrival.

4/24/2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Do you know the Miss Zukas mysteries? She is a Librarian. (Not so symatic, but I like librarians (sp?)).

4/26/2006 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home