The books that ate my brains
So, my brain's capacity for attention is say, 100%. If I'm reading a really complicated book, I use 80%. Leaving 20% for other pursuits...like knitting (you see why I can't do lace?!).
I've been reading quite a few really good books lately. One is the Human Stain (see link on the sidebar.) A moving, lovely, astounding book, paragraphs so full – it takes eons for the words to fall into my brain folds. My real-life book club pick for the month of September. But-I-hadn't-finished-it-by-the-time-we-met. This phrase is now one of my hallmarks. I can't seem to finish anything.
The Attention Span Theorem states that feeding my brain with mindless entertainment (and it is entertainment) should leave room for the accomplishment of other, more *ehem* worthy goals. (Elisa may argue that Stephanie Plum, the heroine of the above series, is certainly a worthy goal.)
It just ain't working though. I am a woman with a mission. People stare at the glow of my fluorescent book covers. I dazzle them with my ability to read pages quickly. I cannot put them down. The Attention Span Theorem is failing me.
It is with determination and guilt that I pick up this project..
Nothin' but a T - Bookish Style. This is the front. You have yet to see the front. I will be working on re-charting this, ripping, and foraging ahead. Its high time Stephanie Plum do a little more for me than just eat my brain. I'm going to take a stun gun to this baby and make it do my bidding.
Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. Rob took them and put together the slide show soon after we returned home from our trip. It was fun to listen to him adding the captions - he kept giggling to himself. We had it printing into a spiral bound album (via Shutterflies Store.) It's fun to have the commentary. I have to tell you - he lied a little bit. I didn't NOT read 14 books, or knit 4 sweaters, we did not have rainbow trout calzones, and he is not some freaky dude on the top of the mountain, he is just a super rad husband. Rob is a story teller.
For the curious, bewildered, or just plain clueless: