Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Strong Arming an Armhole

Hiz-aaa. How fun was my last post? I crack myself up pretty much every day. However, it's nice to know that every once in awhile I can crack you all up too. The baby that will receive the outfit is the new babe of my neighbors. Just in case you're wondering, this is what a Dominican/Parisian looks like:



The hair! The hair is almost enough to make you throw out your birth control and demand to be fertilized.

Almost.

Not quite though.




Here we have yet another finished knit. This has been here before, (the pictures do not work on this link. Picture a half finished baby knit sweater.) like other knits before it, it pissed me off and got stuck at the bottom of my bucket. Where I told it to fuck it. This sentence was served without a peep from the sweater. Which leads me to believe it was guilty of the accussed, either that or the medication is really working to lull those voices in my head.



What could a sweater this cute do to deserve an extended sentence at the bottom of my bucket? The armholes. I didn't like the armholes. By the time I got over this truly horrifying crime the babe for which the seater was intended was clearly too large to wear it. So, I ripped a bit and blocked a lot and have gifted the sweater to a co-workers new baby.

I'm telling you. We are all babies all the time here.

15 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

you're right about the hair.

5/02/2006 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that sweater. This "hooked on baby" clothes thing is not doing good things for my biological clock!

5/02/2006 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love knitting baby stuff. Oh, the instant gratification. No size 11 socks... no endless sleeves. Just cuteness.

5/02/2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

the hair. almost, but not quite. by the by, people like you? make people like me feel like completely selfish knitters. when do we get to see an FO for you?

5/02/2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweater but the hair is just adorable!!

5/02/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh, the hair!! Between that and the duck feet booties that ann/purlingswine posted today, well, makes me almost want to turn BACK the biological clock or *gasp* wistfully dream of grand*cough*cough*cough* oh, god, I just can't say it... you know.

You crack me up, Wendy dear!!! ; )

5/02/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh, too sweet! I want to touch the hair and smell the top of the head. :)

5/02/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Ohhhhh, the top-of-the-head smell! There's a reason why my biological clock has run down: otherwise I would pop out a baby every time anyone posted something like this. Thank you, Mother Nature. Maybe someday I'll be a grandma. Ohhhhh.

The sweater is totally cute btw.

5/03/2006 5:38 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

It's the eyelashes that are making my ovaries ache. Glorious.

5/03/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

It's good that you crack yourself up. I mean, if *you* don't get your sense of humor, who will?

5/03/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Beautiful sweater. I just love it. I like Sparkle Hayter too. Very funny and ingenious author.

5/03/2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Demand to be fertilized...LOL! You crack me up to no end.

5/05/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

*eep*
So cute!

5/05/2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Yeah... the eyelashes... disproportionately magnificent no matter WHAT nationality.

5/07/2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, such a beautiful baby! But no, not joining the baby revolution. :)

Cute sweater, now that it's worked through its issues.

5/10/2006 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home